Movie Library help
Rainbow 
Hi XBMC users Big Grin ,

I’m thinking about moving away from windows media centre and getting stuck back in to XBMC (It has been my fav. media centre for years but I got sucked in to using WMC with Media browser add-on).

So I’ve installed the latest release with this very sexy Confluence skin, I have all my movies on a network share and use YAMMM to get the cover art and backdrops it's also creating the .nfo files for XBMC.

My question is how do I get XBMC to look to the files YAMMM has already got for the movie library? From what I can figure out with my very limited understanding XBMC is scrapping everything over again and creating its own database.

I also use stark covers for some fancy box art and would love to know if there is a way to set XBMC to use "folder.png" as the thumbnail without going and manualy setting each movie?

Thanks for any help Nod
I'm in the same boat. going back to XBMC but been using the same setup as you. Have you found out anything?
I'm not familiar with yammm, but as I understand it, so long as you have an identically named .nfo file, xbmc will use the information in that file rather than going online to do a lookup.

This link has some more info: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library

For my library, when I exported it from xbmc, I ended up with:

MovieName.avi
MovieName.nfo
MovieName.tbn
MovieName-fanart.jpg

If you keep this format for your other files, they should import no problem into XBMC without doing a lookup online. If you try to change it, there are probably some config files that would need to be changed to match your custom format.
bump? looking to switch from media browser to XBMC.. have used yammm but my fanart and genres are not working

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Library help0