Transparency! + PVR Support (please test...)
Exclamation 
PVR support in Transparency!

to those who are running the pvr branch of XBMC, i've added pvr support to Transparency! and you are more than welcome to test it.

please report any bugs/issues/missing items, by following these guidelines:
1) the pvr branch is unstable, please make sure your issue is a skin issue and not a xbmc issue, so check if things work ok in either Confluence or PM3.HD before reporting bugs.
2) i have little experience with pvr, so be as detailed as possible when reporting bugs (xbmc version / platform / Debug Log / screenshot / steps to reproduce...)
3) no this will not run on the xbox ;-)

Download the SVN version of Transparency!

after installation, add the TV button to the home menu:
Settings > Skin Settings > Home Window > TV (uncheck)

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thumbs Up 
nice!
Oh nice, definitely something I'll be watching for. Nod
Really cool!! I quickly searched "PVR" but didn't find like a main thread. Is there a central thread that has some screenshots, what the new ListItem.xxx, etc. are all about? I'm still treading water with regular skinning and this is way over my head, plus it's Linux only atleast so far, but I like to keep up with all the new stuff.
mcborzu Wrote:Really cool!! I quickly searched "PVR" but didn't find like a main thread. Is there a central thread that has some screenshots, what the new ListItem.xxx, etc. are all about? I'm still treading water with regular skinning and this is way over my head, plus it's Linux only atleast so far, but I like to keep up with all the new stuff.

there's little to no skin info regarding the pvr branch.
you might want to have a look at what Jezz_X is working on, he's posted quite a few screenshots:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62397

i've only started with this today, and so far the ListItem.xxx labels are pretty self-explaining.
i'm using the PM3.HD skin from the PVR branch as an example, so it's not like i have to invent everything myself. ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi ronie,

are you still working on the pvr-skin?

regards

Oliver
liquidolze Wrote:Hi ronie,

are you still working on the pvr-skin?

no....it's finished. ;-)

i'll upload a test version somewhere this week.
Hell Yeah, +1 for a Test Version! Definately looking forward to it...
Double hell yeah to that, this could well be the highlight of 2010 for me!
now then......see first post!
Ronie i've no PVR setup yet but when i have my new TV and UPC box running i'm happy to test your Skin with PVR.

Thanks for all your hard work and hopefully my TV will be delivered very soon.

En erg bedankt voor je inzet om dit mogelijk te maken voor ons en voor mij als complete programmeer noob ;-)
Moved from my MythTV to VDR and XBMC PVR today, so far everything seems to be working flawlessly - as usual. Nod

Thanks! ... again! Big Grin
Hi Ronie

This is the first time I have tried Transparency! as I have been using PVR for around 12 months now.. It looks great, but there are some things I have noticed which are not quite right at the moment: -

1) My channel logos are a variety of sizes and do not appear to be scaled correctly within the MyTV window (i.e. the one in post #1)... in fact, I do not think they are scaled at all as the larger logos which are over 400px wide are cropped top left.

2) On home screen the TV genre appears on top of the channel logo rather than to the left of it along with the channel name and program title..

3) TV (& radio) Channel lists would be much more useful if the list contained channel logos and title of current program (as per DialogPVRChannelsOSD)

4) The TV menu overlays the Timer & Search lists when wide side menu buttons are selected... looks a little untidy.

5) Channel lists which appear on the right of the TV Window appear quite a considerable distance from the top of the screen leaving a large gap above them.. not sure whether there is a design reason for this, but increasing the vertical space for the channel list would help accommodate the additional info requested in point 3.

6) I am not sure how to put this, but when Live TV is playing, the video window in MyTV seems out of place. IT does not seem to align with other objects on the screen. Maybe its a bit too big.. theres definitely something that feels not quite right.. perhaps its a personal thing, like feng-shui? I also find that the video window clashes with the default background which is quite colourful... It would be great if it could be toned down or blurred whilst the video window is in use.

Hope the feedback is useful
cheers for the feedback caribo, it's much appreciated.

1) it's by design. T! uses square thumbs all over the skin and the TV section is no exception to it. if you make sure the source images are square (might be a bit of work, i know) you won't have any issues.

2) i'll look into it as soon as i get home. :-)

3) currently the whole TV/PVR part is implemented in a different way in xbmc when it comes to skinning. it's not possible to create different views for the channel lists. i opted to create a view for these that matches the other views in T!. as soon as those limitations are removed from xbmc, i'm sure i'll add a another view aimed specifically at these lists.

4) see 2)

5) it's by design, i'm using the same layout all throughout the skin.
but...it's user configurable, check Settings > Skin Settings > Fanart - Long list

6) it's not centered on the screen, no, if that's what you mean.
instead i tried to use all 'available' screen estate for the video window.
but...see 2)
the background can be customized in Settings > Skin Settings > Backgrounds > TV
2 + 4 are fixed in T! svn now.
6) i'll keep the video window as is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! + PVR Support (please test...)0