TV Show scraping question
I finally decided to tackle putting my tv shows into the library and was using Media Companion to tackle the work. Shows that are in a online database (tvdb) work fine. For shows not in tvdb I created nfo files for. After I had everything showing up in Media Companion the way I wanted, I figured it would be easy to go into XBMC and let the scraper do it's work. Nope I was wrong.

I found shows, the ones I created nfo files for, were missing and when I went to find out why today I was kind of surprised. The reason the shows weren't being added to the library was because the file names didn't have a season and episode in them (example: TV Show - 01x02 - Episode Name.) Now they scan into the library no problem.

I'm sorry but I'm scratching my head. The nfo file has the season and episode information. And on top of that Media Companion shows the tv shows properly as I set them up. From what I read the XBMC scraper is supposed to treat the nfo file as the absolute law.

I'm wondering why this is, and is there any way around renaming all the files?
We still need to enumerate the files in either case. Your only other option is developing a regexp to find those files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Big Grin 
Thanks for the answer. I had a sneaking suspicion I have to dig into regexp.

Thanks again for the help Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show scraping question0