• 15(current)
Req native resolution ( disable upscaling ) option
This works now. It is possible to play full-hd videos on a 4K display without kodi upscaling.
The next problem : After the stopping the video, display does not change to 4K resolution back, see attachement. Kodi uses still whole screen but the menu has full-hd resolution on 4K.
(2018-09-17, 15:31)wsnipex Wrote: try v18, it's implemented as resolution whitelist.
 As I wrote before, this works now with V18, but I face the problem above after stopping the video. This happens only with full-had tv records (.ts), not with a full-hd mkv-film.
hello
sorry I still have the question then they will put the option to change to 4K resolution

thanks
With V18 now it is possible to select multiple resolutions from the white list. Kodi switches then automatically to the proper resolution according to the film is played.
but in V18 in settings there is only one resolution, there is no 4K in V17 if there was the option to change, in 4k or HD. in V18 when this final version will also include that change
Thank you
If there's only one resolution in settings the device doesn't support anything else.
Show a Debug Log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-12-28, 18:47)ravz Wrote: but in V18 in settings there is only one resolution, there is no 4K in V17 if there was the option to change, in 4k or HD. in V18 when this final version will also include that change
Thank you
 Look at that attached pic. There is a resolution white-list, where you can select multiple resolutions. I selected also 1080p in the white list.
In the next line you can select default resolution, which is 4K on my system.
When you play a video with 1080p now, kodi switches the resolution to 1080p automatically without upscaling and the video is played without stuttering.  The upscaling is done by the graphic card.

My problem is that kodi does not switch properly to 4K back after finishing the video as you see in my post before.

(2018-12-30, 01:51)sechi Wrote: The upscaling is done by the graphic card.
I believe the scaling should be handled by your TV/projector not the graphics card.
Hitcher Wrote:I believe the scaling should be handled by your TV/projector not the graphics card. 
Of course could be. Also my Denon Surround Processor can upscale to 4K.
But I have many 4K HEVC Films, so that I don't want to downscale them in the PC first and afterward upscale in Denon or Samsung TV. Kodi ans Graphics Card should pass the resolution unchanged in 4K.
And it is not practicable to change the PC and Kodi resolution to Full-HD everytime when I play 1080p videos. This would make no sense for whitelist in V18. The possibility to set the graphics card and kodi default to full-hd was available all the time.
The solution with whitelist and setting default resolution to 4K is very practicable when the problem is solved with setting back to the default 4K after finishing the video.
Trying to get my head around how you guys are having so many problems?  I thought this resizing of KODI after a resolution change was addressed a long time ago?  When v.18 nightlies began, there was a resizing issue.  It went away either because of a GPU driver update, an O/S update, or a KODI update in one of its nightlies.  It has not returned.

I just turned off all my 2160p whitelist entries although I've been using them without problem.  I played a 2160p x264 title with the KODI internal VideoPlayer.  Same with a 2160p HDR x265 title.  Also a x264 2D SDR 1080p title.  I also played them with external players launched from KODI including a full 3D frame packed MVC title which is always 1080p.  There is no issues with KODI scaling back after playback.  I do not have to manually change resolutions anyplace before or after playback.  I don't even think the whitelist feature is needed anymore.

I don't think your faults are with KODI.  It's something else in your environments imo.
I use my native resolution, 2160p 60Hz for my Windows desktop setting which is applied to the KODI GUI as it should be automatically.  Why anyone desires to override this is beyond me?   I use an nVidia graphics card.  An old one from two generations ago.  I use the most current Windows O/S and the most current v.18 KODI.  If I had to guess, it's your GPU drivers and I'd further guess you're using Intel Graphics.  Take it up with them.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-12-27, 18:09)sechi Wrote: This happens only with full-had tv records (.ts), not with a full-hd mkv-film. 
The problem is only with full-hd  tv records in .ts format. I wrote also that there is no problem with switching back to 4K resolution when playing other full-hd formats such as .mkv or .mp4 files.
I've tried .mkv's, iso's, mp4's, and a video_ts DVD trying to reproduce your symptoms today.  I've actually tried all of these Samples (wiki) too with no switch back to 2160p problem after playing.  This with the internal player and various external players launched from KODI via PCF.xml.  Obviously it works for some and not for others.  It would be advantageous to know what differences there are between working systems and not.  My specs are in my signature.  I've no idea what you guys with problems are using but money is on your GPU's or the devices housing them.  If that's the case, then you'll know who the culprit is, who to take the matter up with, or at least the area a dev might review.  They'll require a debug log as well.  That or change your problematic hardware and/or software and/or techniques to proven working ones.  Most of the time a dev will accommodate if your niche is large enough and you are not using antiquated stuff.  Now is the time they want feedback since v.18 is in RC.  Keep in mind that's IF they feel like tackling your problem for free and you have the patience to wait and lastly not to be upset if it wasn't addressed.  After all, not all the choices we make have positive outcomes and some are better than others.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
All that formats you gave, are running also in my system without problems. A .ts file is a stream file recorded from hdtv.
When kodi tries to upscale such a file to 4K, the video is stuttering terrible when camera is panning. The only way to resolve it at the moment is to prevent the upscaling in kodi when playing full-hd videos. This can be done through the configuration 1080p in the white list. Than kodi switches the resolution to 1080p ( none upscaling to 4K ) and the video runs fluently without stuttering. All other parts (graphics card or surround receiver or tv)  in the system can upscale the video to 4K.
The problem is now, kodi can not switch to default resolution 4K back after stopping the video. The only way to correct this, restart kodi.
When necessary I can offer  a 5 minutes-video from such a .ts file.
(2018-12-31, 04:43)brazen1 Wrote: I've tried .mkv's, iso's, mp4's, and a video_ts DVD trying to reproduce your symptoms today.  I've actually tried all of these Samples (wiki) too with no switch back to 2160p problem after playing. 
You will never have this problem when you say that you have nothing configured in the whitelist. All your videos are upscaled to 4K default without switching the resolution dynamically

In my system is kodi configured default to 4K and whitelist is configured with 1080p in order to prevent the upscaling 1080p videos to 4K in Kodi.
I hope the problem is clear now.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
native resolution ( disable upscaling ) option9