• 8(current)
Req native resolution ( disable upscaling ) option
Any chance that the PR will be changed so that NR will also switch to interlaced video modes if the source content is interlaced?
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
+1

I also would very much like to see the addition of this feature.
Selecting the right hardware and OS, XBMC can compete with AVRs regarding video quality. I would rather leverage the potential of computer graphics in XBMC even more than going for features degrading XBMC as a cheap dvd player.
I'd also love to see that feature... Some have high qualitiy upscalers in their tv or avrecever ans sime not.
Having the option to decide where to do the upscaling is nothing that would degrade xbmc...
There is actually no (or few ?) hardware that allow the native resolution output,

XBMC would be the first... and then it will allow small machines like smal HTPC / tablet / smartphone / android materials
to be suited to scalers, or great AVR etc... I think it would be nice for XBMC image and not degrading at all
Of course we want to keep and increase XBMC video capacities
this feature would be used only by expert users (or geek !) with great video materials
When i read reviews from the OPPO 103, they are talking about using XBMC but then loosing the scaler potential of the QDEO processor...
these people would like to use XBMC + native resolution for DVD/SD/720p + QDEO scaling + OPPO post processing

There is already the option to have the "native frequence"...
We sould just have the expert option to add native frequence + resolution...
After using these forums extensively over the past few years to set up various XBMC installs, I finally created an account just so I could add another yes vote to this option.

Short version: the Celeron powered Intel NUC that is my primary system plays anything I can throw at is EXCEPT content that needs to be scaled up to 1080. Having recently upgraded to a full 1080 capable TV, I am disappointed that I have to set the output of my XBMC box to 720 for everything just to get it to run reliably, including 1080 blu-ray MKVs that it runs just fine.

This was mentioned briefly in this thread before, but this is more than a specialty issue given the issues it causes with more appliance like installs.
(2013-08-21, 01:25)QuickBen Wrote: After using these forums extensively over the past few years to set up various XBMC installs, I finally created an account just so I could add another yes vote to this option.

Short version: the Celeron powered Intel NUC that is my primary system plays anything I can throw at is EXCEPT content that needs to be scaled up to 1080. Having recently upgraded to a full 1080 capable TV, I am disappointed that I have to set the output of my XBMC box to 720 for everything just to get it to run reliably, including 1080 blu-ray MKVs that it runs just fine.

This was mentioned briefly in this thread before, but this is more than a specialty issue given the issues it causes with more appliance like installs.

Something's wrong there. The Celeron NUC should have zero issues upscaling/outputting 1080 video. It's a very popular computer for an HTPC, and we have lots of uses who use it regularly. I've never heard of it having an issue outputting 1080 before.
It isn't that it has a problem outputting files that are already 1080 themselves. It does those just fine. It struggles, however, with up-scaling SD files TO 1080. It will play a few seconds of the file, choke, rally a bit, choke and usually reset to the beginning. It could definitely be that I'm missing something, but reducing the output resolution in the video settings to 720 for all of XBMC removes this issue.
(2013-08-21, 14:01)QuickBen Wrote: It isn't that it has a problem outputting files that are already 1080 themselves. It does those just fine. It struggles, however, with up-scaling SD files TO 1080. It will play a few seconds of the file, choke, rally a bit, choke and usually reset to the beginning. It could definitely be that I'm missing something, but reducing the output resolution in the video settings to 720 for all of XBMC removes this issue.

Even that should be no issue for the NUC. I've got hardware older and slower than that Celeron that upscales SD content to 1080 all the time.

I would start a new thread about this and we can figure out why it's doing that.
Another firm vote for this feature - I want to make best use of my Lumagen video scaler.

I very much hope work on this feature is on-going. What's the current status?

Thanks
(2013-09-05, 11:28)MadScientist Wrote: I very much hope work on this feature is on-going. What's the current status?
There was a pull request on git hub which has been closed as some people mistook the bug comment feature for a chat.
I have not seen any more work on this feature since. This pull request was not acceptable as it was heavily using advanced settings which is something tried to be avoided.
suggestion where made by the team to improve it which would make it possibly acceptable. however the one who made the PR didn't feel like changing it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Many thanks for the feedback which collectively I interpret as: 'it ain't going to happen'.

Pity, as this feature has the potential to attract a lot of higher end HTPC users to the XBMC fold.
It's an open source project. Just use the pull request as a starting point and improve it to make it acceptable.
I'm not a coder, just an end-user - I wouldn't know where to start. I didn't know what a pull request was until I looked it up 30 secs ago. :-)
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
native resolution ( disable upscaling ) option9