DVD Folder in Movie Library
Hi,
is it possible to copy whole DVD (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders) on the HDD and then show this DVD in Movie Library? I created a folder called 'The Godfather', copied AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS from DVD and tried to update the library but nothing happened. The 'The Godfather' is in folder called 'videos' with other divx movies and these are shown in the library.

So for example the directory tree is like this:
/movies
---/Angels.and.Demons (shown in library)
------/angels_and_demons.avi
---/The.Godfather
------ /AUDIO_TS
------ /VIDEO_TS
---------/all the dvd files
Skip the
------ /AUDIO_TS
------ /VIDEO_TS
folders
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
no reason to skip anything - that works just fine.
w/o recursive scan?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yes.
not working for me Sad maybe the name of the folder should be different? now it is The.Godfather. is there any way how to force it to show it in the library?
I switched off Library mode, then clicked on the The.Godfather folder -> Scan for new content.
- Is this the only way how to get titles to media library?
- When I set 'Run automated scan' on the root folder for video in hope it will scan it automatically when new movie is added the option appears as enabled but when I close the dialog and open it again the option 'Run automated scan' is disabled again..
it's NOT a toggle option - it's a shortcut to run a scan after the dialog closes.

use 'update library' from the library. context menu
Really?

*deletes his makeiso applescript...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
If anyone figures this out can you post the solution here. I've had some problems with a folder containing just a VIDEO_TS folder with the DVD content not showing up in the library. The parent folder seems to be scraped OK because the fanart shows up when it is selected in Files mode, but it is not in the Library.
I have the following setup:

Code:
dvds/
`-- The Bourne Ultimatum
    `-- VIDEO_TS
        |-- VTS_02_0.BUP
        |-- VTS_02_0.IFO
        |-- VTS_02_1.VOB
        |-- VTS_02_2.VOB
        `-- VTS_02_3.VOB

I have tried a number of settings for the scraper on the dvds folder and still haven't managed to get "The Bourne Ultimatum" to show in the Library so that when it is chosen the VIDEO_TS folder is played. The folder name contains the title. If I choose recursive scan I ends up with many entries in the Library and with non-recursive I don't get any entries in the Library.
As spiff already said, no need to skip something or doing other "nasty" things. It works just fine. Set content on dvds and make sure to check the "Use folder names for lookups" option.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:As spiff already said, no need to skip something or doing other "nasty" things. It works just fine. Set content on dvds and make sure to check the "Use folder names for lookups" option.

The DVD related code checks for a VIDEO_TS.IFO file in the VIDEO_TS folder. I didn't copy all of the DVD over, just the sections that made up the movie, which is why it wasn't working.
Hm, works fine using your posted layout. Something else at your side must be wrong i guess.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
technically; the stacking code checks for dir/VIDEO_TS.ifo and dir/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.ifo and stacks these down to one entry named dir.

dteirney, that is NOT a dvd. a dvd ALWAYS includes VIDEO_TS.ifo - that's what makes it a dvd and not a bunch of .vob files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Folder in Movie Library0