Can't find event server?
I'm using XBMC 9.11-BETA2 R25640, and I can't find the "Event Server" anywhere? I need to change some settings there for my android-remote? It's not in settings-> network anymore?
Sorry, the docs are abit confusing now. Its moved to system -> input IIRC (not at home so I can't check) and the setting is called, "allow remote control software to control xbmc" It might say something with "from over the internet" or something that tells its not the same computer Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:Sorry, the docs are abit confusing now. Its moved to system -> input IIRC (not at home so I can't check) and the setting is called, "allow remote control software to control xbmc" It might say something with "from over the internet" or something that tells its not the same computer Smile
Aight! But where can I set the port? Or is it the same one used for controlling via HTTP?
Does this also mean that old settings are forgotten? My iPod remote stopped working after I updated today (my gf noticed and I'm not at home right now, so I can't check what the problem is).
Yes it means old settings are forgotten and iirc port setup should still be there, its 9777 by default.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hmm...wonder if I have misunderstood the issue. My remote was using the http api and it stopped working when upgrading. Has that something to do with this? I'm just confused...
HTTP Web UI and the "EventServer" are two different things. HTTP is literally a web server that can be accessed by a web browser. Its the older way of doing things, and has existed in XBMC for years.

The EventServer is a newer set of functionality that, in many ways, does the same thing. However, the EventServer uses its own simple protocol to allow apps specifically written for it to talk to XBMC. There are some "remote" programs that use one, and some that use the other.

Here's the Wiki about it:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=EventServer
Catchy Signature Here
Ah, ok! Thanks for the info, I will read it later!

Btw...I noticed that the http server was in deed disabled after my update. Strange, but not too hard to fix.. Smile
I'm having the same problem as the OP. I'm trying to make the Android remote work with XBMC 9.11 (from the Jaunty PPA), but I get connection errors when attempting to connect from the phone (I've checked and double checked the settings).

I can't find any reference to the EventServer or what port number it uses in XBMC itself. However, I have tested the web interface, which is working fine.

Under System -> Input Devices, there are two check boxes, one called "Remote control sends keyboard presses" and the other is "Enable mouse" - both of which are ticked, to no avail.
Kel-nage Wrote:I'm having the same problem as the OP. I'm trying to make the Android remote work with XBMC 9.11 (from the Jaunty PPA), but I get connection errors when attempting to connect from the phone (I've checked and double checked the settings).

I can't find any reference to the EventServer or what port number it uses in XBMC itself. However, I have tested the web interface, which is working fine.

Under System -> Input Devices, there are two check boxes, one called "Remote control sends keyboard presses" and the other is "Enable mouse" - both of which are ticked, to no avail.

EventServer is available on port 9777

Found out what it was - the phone was refusing to use the wireless network. Once we fixed that, it was fine. Thanks!
Hey Kel-nage I'm having exactly the same problem as you. Would there be any chance you could tell me how you fixed your wifi settings on the phone? I'm using a t-mobile g1with the latest version of cyanogens mod and it's a new phone to me so am in quite unfamiliar territory. Many thanks
I have a old build not sure of number that had Event Server as a option inb network but all newer builds its gone. What is latest build that offered Event server?
I'm trying to use the XBMC remote android app and I can't connect. I've done everything in this guide and it doesn't connect. The only thing I haven't done is enable EventServer in XBMC. Which is what this F.A.Q mentions, without pointing to where that setting is inside XBMC. All the people in this thread asked where that setting is and they couldn't get an answer. Kel-nage explained very articulately what options are actualy where this thing is supposed to be and that he can't find the event server setting and was answered that is available on port 9777.

I'll give it a shot myself, maybe I can phrase it better and we get an answer. We know the EventServer is on port 9777, the android app chooses it by default and it displays it. What we don't know is where this setting is inside the XBMC interface. We cannot enable this setting, like it asks in the F.A.Q, and we can't adjust the port number, because we cannot find this setting. So, where is the EventServer setting in the XBMC interface?
Thank you.
(2009-12-16, 19:26)topfs2 Wrote: Sorry, the docs are abit confusing now. Its moved to system -> input IIRC (not at home so I can't check) and the setting is called, "allow remote control software to control xbmc" It might say something with "from over the internet" or something that tells its not the same computer Smile

has it moved again? i can't see it under system input? want to use my android phone as a remote.

im using the PVR build 11.0 compiled on the 2 April 2012

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't find event server?0