Help Sync files with external HDD
Ok here's my current setup. I have a Acer Revo with windows 7 and an external hard drive for file storage. Currently Utorrent is set up to automatically download my TV shows & movies(via RSS feeds) and save them onto the external hdd in their appropriate folders. The folder structure looks like this; D->Movies or D:->TV Shows->Show Title->Season #. I watch these shows/movies on a TV connected to an xbox with xbmc and occasionally on the revo itself.

This has been working fine for me, but its not perfect. You see the Revo is basically silent and perfect for leaving on 24/7 but my external hdd on the other hand isn't so quiet. I would prefer to just periodically turn on my external hdd and have the my shows/movies automatically transfer over to the external hdd. I would like to keep the same file structure as it is convenient for navigating on xbmc and my pc.

So I was wondering if there is a program that does what I'm hoping for, or techniques I can use to streamline the process. The key is for an automated process where I don't even have to turn on my computer screen, just power up the HDD and badabing badaboom.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Robocopy would work for this. Not sure if you can set it up to run once win 7 detects the hard drive. I'm hoping there is a way you can because I'm doing something similar. You could still set robocopy to run as a scheduled task or just assign a hot key to it so you don't have to turn on the screen.
Robocopy switches:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/05/07...-examples/
Thanks,

Looks like I have some learning to do. I'll let you know how I fair out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Sync files with external HDD0