[QUESTION] Poster View Resolution
I'm loving Alaska.

The fact that the poster view is clean and well done really helps. But the posters look a bit low on quality on the skin.

They don't look that bad, but there is room for improvement. I'm using a 52" display, so it's easy to spot those low res posters.

Most of my posters are 1500x1000 and I'm sure they could look nicer on the skin.

Is it possible to make the bigger in terms of resolution?
What resolution are you running XBMC? I would hope it'd be 1080 with a screen of that size. If that's the case, the best solution would be to have Alaska run native at 1080 as well. At the moment though, everything is coded to run at 720 and therefore must be scaled up to meet the higher resolution. If you know a bit about xml coding, you could go in and change the width / height and positions of everything.
Sranshaft Wrote:What resolution are you running XBMC? I would hope it'd be 1080 with a screen of that size. If that's the case, the best solution would be to have Alaska run native at 1080 as well. At the moment though, everything is coded to run at 720 and therefore must be scaled up to meet the higher resolution. If you know a bit about xml coding, you could go in and change the width / height and positions of everything.

1080p indeed. The skin itself looks nice (I'm using the Home Style 2, and even the larger icons look good enough). My only issue is with the posters.

Thx for your reply.
Have you specified your thumbnail size in your advancedsettings.xml file?
legendman Wrote:Have you specified your thumbnail size in your advancedsettings.xml file?

Nope. I'm using the default (512 if I'm not mistaken).
Isn't the default value as high as it goes?
Discaciate Wrote:Nope. I'm using the default (512 if I'm not mistaken).
Isn't the default value as high as it goes?

Correct.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...umbsize.3E
Ah fair enough. My mistake. It's a shame XBMC can't make use of the larger resolution posters. Kind of seems a waste to have such a large poster to begin with then.
gabbott Wrote:Correct.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...umbsize.3E
Wrong, you can increase the size if you wish.
Hitcher Wrote:Wrong, you can increase the size if you wish.

Can you tell us how to do that, so that there will be higher resolution posters used in poster view? Do I have to rescrape all my movies so there will be a higher resolution cover cached?

I believe Aeon always used a movie.tbn for the high resolution cover. But that was only in the Info view

Oh, it sounds like the wiki needs to be updated then. According to the wiki you can't go any larger.
sandman4sure Wrote:Can you tell us how to do that, so that there will be higher resolution posters used in poster view? Do I have to rescrape all my movies so there will be a higher resolution cover cached?
You'll need to add the thumbsize you want to use to your advancedsettings.xml (see the link), then the easiest way to update them all is to delete the thumbnails folder (userdata\Thumbnails\Video) and then let XBMC update them.

512 (default) cached thumb -

1024 cached thumb -

WOW!
I was pretty sure it would not work, so I didn't even try.
Shame on me.
Tried and it does work indeed.
To you know the max it can go?
Anything higher than 1080 would be totally totally pointless if I understand correctly.
I'd try 768 first and see if that looks better because the higher you go the more you'll slow things down.
I use 768 for my thumbsize and my posters look great. I use ember media manager to DL the highest res posters (but before saving to disk it resizes them to 768, so you dont sacrifice too much performance).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[QUESTION] Poster View Resolution0