Slideshow/Animation speedups
Exclamation 
Hi, I didn't find anything about by searching google and the forum, so I thought I could post that here.
I'm running xbmc camelot beta 2 on ubuntu karmic with skins aeon auriga, alaska latest svn, ellipsis 1.1 andconfluence. My problem is like the title of the thread says, that I get speedups in the slideshow and some animations.

The slideshow runs around half a second normal than for half a second with 3x speed or something like this (visible with pan and zoom effects). That also reduces the playtime for a normal 5 sec per picture slideshow to around 1.5 second per picture.
Exactly the same happens with all visualizations and the startup and cerberus/background animation of Ellipsis. Videos and normal animations are running absolutely fine. The problem occured for me in beta 1 and 2 but never before.

Oh, and my system is a dell studio xps 16 with a ati hd 4670 mobile, a 2.4 GHz core 2 duo processor and 4 GB of Ram.

I have no idea what could cause this, so I hope someone here has an idea.

D0nR0sa

Edit: Sorry wrong forum, should be in linux/xbmc live. Can someone maybe move it?
bump
perhaps speed step or some kind of throttling done by the processor/graphics chip?
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Ok, tried every bios setting that has to do with the cpu and that didn't work, I guess it's the video driver. I will try to update it now.
Have you find a solution?

I have the same problem with:
dual core AMD athlon 64 5200
ati radeon HD4800
Ubuntu Lucid 64bit
XBMC 1:9.11-ubuntu3 from team-xbmc ppa

And the latest driver from ati.
Here is my thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...show+speed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slideshow/Animation speedups0