Video OSD auto-close timeout request
It would be really nice if the video OSD had a auto-close timeout. Currently it stays open until one manually closes it. I've encountered many times with my family that when the remote is accidentally pressed, the OSD stays open and they either don't know how to close it, or it's an inconvenience. Personally I also find it inconvenient in several situations, for example if my mouse moves, the OSD shows up and doesn't auto-close.

Thanks
Mouse movement should auto close unless you have clicked it as for the rest its more a xbmc thing than a skin thign so moving it to feature requests. But I doubt it will go down well because most people would find it anoying if they intended to open it
Right, yea it's not closing even after just moving the mouse accidentally without clicking.

I've seen the auto-closing on several consumer interfaces such tivo, directv dvr, sony dvd, etc so it should be familiar feature for most people.

Thanks for the consideration.
Ok, I just found out that the mouse issue happens if XBMC is on a second display.
Bump as a feature request for gotham
Im gonna bump this again. Pvr has auto-clear feature, can this be passed onto video osd?
The OSD automatically closes after switching channels or after switching songs in an album, because that makes sense. Automatically closing something the user has specifically opened makes no sense.
(2014-08-13, 20:35)stuCONNERS Wrote: Im gonna bump this again. Pvr has auto-clear feature, can this be passed onto video osd?

I wrote a simple plugin for another user for this purpose. He needed something that would prevent the OSD from remaining active too long and cause burn-ins on his plasma TV. The plugin closes all dialogs or OSD after xbmc has been idle from a certain amount of time during playback.

Check this thread for the source code...

Right now, the plugin is very basic. There is no settings menu, so you have to change the delay in the file default.py from the plugin folder.
Code:
MAX_OSD_IDLE = 60

If there is enough interest, i will add a settings dialog and submit it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video OSD auto-close timeout request0