[Live] No DVDROM Drive
Ive installed live 9.11B2 to hard disk

I want to view some pictures off of a dvd, so I click "add source" but there is no dvdrom drive to add.
The drive auto plays if I insert a DVD movie, or music CD.

any pointers
Well did you browse through in file manager
to get to it the location dioffers between the skin, but i know the old default xbmc skin PHY or what ever you go to settings and on the left tab sections it says file manager and you can browse and view a photo cd as so.
The DVDRom doesn't show up in file manager either.

The dvd isn't written as a photo cd. It just a data disc with jpeg`s on, so I suppose I'd have the same problem if i had video files on a dvd.
I have similar issues with accessing DVD drive as well.
more here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64053
In the nutshell the issue that DVD drive does not exist as source in the list of the devices and there is not eject button for the DVD drive so inserted DVD disk can not be removed Sad
Maybe something for developers
DVD drives are usually mishandled in fstab whatever it reads on cdrom line it should read sr0 not sdb0 or anyother

e.g. bad

/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 iso9660,udf user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0

e.g. good

/dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,auto,exec,utf8 0 0

also notice the noauto on the forst and auto on second removing the no the drive automounts as well

Please note that the first line may also just need the no removed leaving it like

/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 iso9660,udf user,auto,exec,utf8 0 0

thast just in case in your system scd0 is actually correct.

to find out which is correct look at your lspci, dmesg outputs.
X3lectric Wrote:DVD drives are usually mishandled in fstab whatever it reads on cdrom line it should read sr0 not sdb0 or anyother

e.g. bad

/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 iso9660,udf user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0

e.g. good

/dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,auto,exec,utf8 0 0

also notice the noauto on the forst and auto on second removing the no the drive automounts as well

Please note that the first line may also just need the no removed leaving it like

/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 iso9660,udf user,auto,exec,utf8 0 0

thast just in case in your system scd0 is actually correct.

to find out which is correct look at your lspci, dmesg outputs.

Thankyou Smile.
This seems to have nearly done the trick.
Problem now is when I eject the disc it moans that I removed the disc then any other discs inserted afterwards seem to be empty.
well now that your on the right track... XBMC moans of unsafe device removal this should only apply to USB stuff. Quite a few people are moaning beta2 doesnt automount properly but we are on RC1 already and I have no such issues on my machine.
Ive just updated to RC1 and the problem is still there, Identical actually.

The upgrade altered the fstab back to original

/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0

Now with or without "no" in the line make no difference. the discs name appears in the add source section. But as soon as the disc is ejected it complains about the disc being removed and any other disc`s inserted, when browsed appear empty.

Is there any way of getting just the DVDROM drive to show up, whether or not it has a disc inserted ?
*edit

post removed by poster...
Bagger Wrote:Ive just updated to RC1 and the problem is still there, Identical actually.

The upgrade altered the fstab back to original

/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0

Now with or without "no" in the line make no difference. the discs name appears in the add source section. But as soon as the disc is ejected it complains about the disc being removed and any other disc`s inserted, when browsed appear empty.

Is there any way of getting just the DVDROM drive to show up, whether or not it has a disc inserted ?

Ive still got this problem, even after updating the the final release.

Is there any way of getting just the DVDROM drive to show up in the sources list like it used to be on the xbox version.
Having the same issue, have divx files on DVD's and the xbox would see the drive without a problem, but xbmc live does not see external usb drives. I am not sure what to configure for the drive to be seen(sorry I am a Windows user, and not very knowledgeable in Linux).
amcfarla Wrote:Having the same issue, have divx files on DVD's and the xbox would see the drive without a problem, but xbmc live does not see external usb drives. I am not sure what to configure for the drive to be seen(sorry I am a Windows user, and not very knowledgeable in Linux).

My problem is with the internal drive connected to the SATA port, even tried a good ole fashioned IDE drive. This is not seen either

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] No DVDROM Drive0