Swapping mouse buttons
In Ubuntu, I have my mouse buttons swapped (I'm left handed). When running XBMC Camelot, the button swap is not "honored". Is there any way to get XBMC to correctly use the mouse as specified in Ubuntu's setup or tell XBMC to swap the left and right buttons for the mouse?

Thanks
This is driving me nuts... I have been using XBMC for months, it's great, but for the non standard mouse support on Ubuntu.
I use combined RF keyboard and trackball. The trackball/mouse buttons are positioned such that it's just more natural that the right key should perform the left key functionality.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
I experience the same problem using LinuxMint 10 kde amd64.
This is odd because when running xbmc under sabayon or pclinuxos, xbmc recognizes my mouse settings. It just doesn't make sense that it works on some distros but not others.

I have also noticed that I cannot get IEC958 digital output when using xbmc on Mint; it worked on the other distros. No
More info on this topic, .

When XBMC is operating as a window, then the mouse settings are honoured.

When operating in full screen mode they are not.

I am running Ubuntu Lucid 64 bit.
In v11.0 the mouse buttons are configurable.

JR
Sorry to dig up such an old post, but I was looking how to do this earlier today and this thread is the first match on google, so i'll post instructions how to do this here..

Add the following in your .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml;

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <leftclick>ContextMenu</leftclick>
      <rightclick>Select</rightclick>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>
A couple of quick comments:

1. I advise creating a separate .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/mouse.xml to hold mouse mappings. XBMC doesn't actually care what the files are called and reads every XML file it finds in the keymaps directory. However keeping mouse mappings ina separate file makes them easier to maintain.

2. To just swap the mouse buttons you can use:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>leftclick</rightclick>
      <leftclick>rightclick</leftclick>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>
@jhsrennie

Thanks for the comments, I was just re-installing xbmc for the first time in a long time, a lot of things have changed since then..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Swapping mouse buttons0