Can someone explain the procedure for Helper?
Sorry to ask this I am not sure if its in the wiki or not.

So heres the deal, I download XBMC and the remote works great stuff.

Then a new version of xbmc comes out so I download it and run that and the remote works.

Great

So a delete the older version of XBMC.

'XBMC could not be deleted because XBMChelper is in use.

So basically the helper app is the one from the previous version of XBMC. Frankly this all gets rather confusing. I try regularly to turn off then on again the remote section in system, but its hit and miss if it works.

Surely by now this would be automated, its certainly never an issue on AppleTV?

Could I just move the active helper app out of the xbmc application and stick it in the apps folder?
garyi Wrote:Sorry to ask this I am not sure if its in the wiki or not.

So heres the deal, I download XBMC and the remote works great stuff.

Then a new version of xbmc comes out so I download it and run that and the remote works.

Great

So a delete the older version of XBMC.

'XBMC could not be deleted because XBMChelper is in use.

So basically the helper app is the one from the previous version of XBMC. Frankly this all gets rather confusing. I try regularly to turn off then on again the remote section in system, but its hit and miss if it works.

Surely by now this would be automated, its certainly never an issue on AppleTV?

Could I just move the active helper app out of the xbmc application and stick it in the apps folder?

Hey garyi,

this is a known issue and happens if you've enabled "Always On" in Settings->System->Input->AppleRemote.
I think we need to move XBMCHelper out of the app folder and into ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/..., so updates can be installed without disabling XBMCHelper first.
Creating a ticket might me a good idea so this doesn't get lost.

Thanks,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Cool, I will work out how to do a ticket and raise it!

Glad its not just me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can someone explain the procedure for Helper?0