Scraper Proxy
Hi, I was wondering if there is a need to have a specific scraper proxy.

I have lots of content and have several Xbmc clients around the house. Every time i get a new bit of content each player goes to the internet and downloads the same pictures and information.

I also update the clients and move the content around so the databases get trashed on a regular basis. Meaning I need to download all the info again.

If I had a local proxy that cashed the scraper db this would allow me to reduce the internet bandwidth.

So my initial question is: will a normal proxy work with the scraper or do we need to have a specific scraper proxy to be more efficient?
.nfo and .tbn files would be another way to go about this.
Right, scan once and export into separate files. The other installations will import them without hitting the net. Refreshing tvshows will always download the episodeguide, then import already existing files.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
this doesn't seem to be very user friendly?

Is there a way to automatically export? So the first xbmc will download all the files and then the rest will just pick them up?

Also I'm presuming this is just keeping the episode info and bit map and all the tvShow information (and fan art) will all be separate downloaded by all the other xbmc's?
No, you'll have to manually export them and I don't think it's that user unfriendly. Fetching the episode guide is needed in order to enumerate episodes. The actual episode information are picked up from previous exports, no other download will be done.

Please file a new feature request for automatic exports.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
On the user friendliness its fine for me but for the wife i dont think i even what to try and explain how to do this!

I suppose to be able to share the databases including the thumbs between different instances of xbmc is probably a bigger job than simply having a proxy scraper.

I am presuming the series info (bit maps and data) is only stored in the database and file system and is specific to the instance of the xbmc, is there a way of storing (exporting) the series info (seasons and fan art) to the original location of the content (All my TVShows are in different folders but all the seasons are in the same folder

will create a new feature request
Export in separate files will do the job. Just test it. Btw, there's some work on shared databases going on lately.
I've tried it and the data is stored with the media files which is good.

The actors bit maps get stored there too.

But the actor info and series fan art and info doesn't seem to be stored anywhere, I'm looking at the code and it seems that this should be stored but it does not work, I'll have a play and see if i can understand it a little more.

I suppose what i really want is an auto export and import of all the data from the location of the files. I think that the auto import is implemented (as it looks at the files) but the export is not, shouldn't be too difficult to do this as its just a call to ExportToXML when the update lib has finished (just need to find where to add this)
I've found and fixed a bug!

in videodatabase.cpp in ExportToXML there is a

CFileItem item(tvshow.m_strPath,false); and a check to see if this is valid which it never is as its not a filename but a path

I think it should be:

CFileItem item(tvshow.m_strPath,true);

without this it doesn't save all the TV Show info and pics

Well all i need to do now is figure out what / where i put this and get it in the latest build
Hmm, I already pinged vdrfan about that. Maybe he didn't get my mail.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@Andrewishy - this is in trunk only, right? It should be working fine in Camelot RC1.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

cool just looked on Trac and the bug is still in the root/branches/9.11_Camelot/xbmc/VideoDatabase.cpp
and Trunk

I'm not 100% familiar with the code (yet) and haven't a clue how you report bugs and upload patches

hopefully this will make it into the release as its a pretty big missing feature

:-)
It's not a bug there at all, as the item.Exists() isn't called - that's only in trunk.

I've already changed it to true in the camelot release branch (and will do so soon in trunk), but I'd still appreciate you giving RC1 a go if you could just to ensure I don't need more changes.

Cheers,
Jonathan

cool will do
I'm on the end of a wireless internet connection (on holiday in Australia) and will not be able to download the release candidate for some time

Just looked at the code in the branch you checked in and the check to see if the folder exists has been removed, I'll have a play later today but this might cause problems if the directory has been removed as the directory name is coming from the db but its writing the info to a folder?

This might not be a problem but i'm off to get a full english breakfast in the sun so will be back and look into it more later

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper Proxy0