Scraper Proxy
It'll just fail less gracefully is all. The check wasn't removed, it was just added to trunk after camelot was branched, and I didn't deem that the code changes there were stable enough for release.

No problem if you can't check it out - in both cases it's fixed now anyway Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Just had a look at what it does without the check for valid folder:

if the folder is no longer there (for whatever reason) it will ask if you want to continue on each write to the folder

If the check is there it will simply ignore the missing folder and not say anything

I would have thought that the ideal would be to check to see if the folder exists and if it doesn't then let you know at the end of the export that some folders were missing that are in the database. As the database can easily be out of sync with the actual files (if you re-name files then they are not automatically removed)

So I suppose there could be a automatic "smart" clean up of the database where files are automatically removed if they are not in the folder where they are supposed to be (if the folder exists) this stops files from being deleted if there are not accessible but also removes files if they have been re-named or deleted

I may have a go at coding this just to get into the code base if nothing else
found another bug (or maybe a issue with me being on the trunk?)

I updated to the head and the seasons stopped being stored in the directories where the video was.

basically the line:
CUtil::GetParentPath(item.GetTBNFile(), strParent);

in the seasons bit is getting the root of where the series is and not the directory

I changed the following from:
CUtil::AddFileToFolder(strParent, strSeasonThumb, strDest);
to:

CUtil::AddFileToFolder(items[i]->GetVideoInfoTag()->m_strPath, strSeasonThumb, strDest);

This now gets the path from the array that was set with it when all the seasons were obtained

Hope this makes sense and I'm not 100% sure why this stopped working apart from i did an update and must have got a new version of videoDatabase.cpp

PS I've done some software mods to automatically smart clean the video database (just remove files that are not in viewable folders) and I've added an autoExport feature (maybe not too good if I had all my video content)

I'll now try and make it do it in the background and then try and post a Patch

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper Proxy0