• 12(current)
Hacking the Boxee Box to run XBMC?
I am ecstatic that I went with XBMC....I found some refurb revo 1600's that were cheaper than the boxee hardware and its doing everything I need it to and absolutely love the XBMC interface

that surprise about face that Boxee did with their interface regarding local media AND DIDN'T TELL ANYBODY is some writing on the wall to me

Don't get me wrong...it has it's place and one day more website's will be more optimal for streaming but when that happens I figure XBMC will be ready for that too.....but to me that's a long ways away...lol

but hopefully that port for XBMC to run on Boxee hardware happens for you guys who laid down the money!!!!
WE ALL WE GOT
I returned my boxee box after a few days. When I was returning it, I was told that a lot of people had, to the point that there was a line up when the store opened 3 days after release.
ashgotti Wrote:I returned my boxee box after a few days. When I was returning it, I was told that a lot of people had, to the point that there was a line up when the store opened 3 days after release.

Some of those return were people who ordered online but pickuped up at the store since it was faster.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
CrashX Wrote:Some of those return were people who ordered online but pickuped up at the store since it was faster.

no not some....just you....lol...jk jk
WE ALL WE GOT
Where is there a progress or project page for this? This should all be in the OP. Let's get people involved...
Boxee on sale at Dell for $180:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread....&t=2399149
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
r2tincan Wrote:Where is there a progress or project page for this? This should all be in the OP. Let's get people involved...

Keep following IRC, forum, wiki at http://boxeeboxwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
CrashX
is any news about porting?
BAG_Ass Wrote:CrashX
is any news about porting?

I pray that there is, here's my current Amazon review:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2X7VZM0QBJ...&linkCode=
NoPantsJim Wrote:I pray that there is, here's my current Amazon review:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2X7VZM0QBJ...&linkCode=

Ouch...but then again nearly all reviews have been like this

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Honestly I feel like I held back; I still have more to complain about.
Come On Avner!! XBMC could really save the day here!

Gift the Devs some Boxee Boxes and get XBMC on it! Slap a "Powered by XBMC" sticker on it and shift a stack more hardware to XBMC fans who no doubtingly will write how Awesome the box is!!!

Huh
Geeba Wrote:Come On Avner!! XBMC could really save the day here!

Gift the Devs some Boxee Boxes and get XBMC on it! Slap a "Powered by XBMC" sticker on it and shift a stack more hardware to XBMC fans who no doubtingly will write how Awesome the box is!!!

Huh

That would be AWESOME, as soon as these things can run XBMC I'll probably be buying at least 4, everyone in my family wants a box like my Zotac IONITX Box, but they don't want to shell out $400.
Mini-ITX HTPC: Zotac IONITX-A (GF9400), Mini-Box M350, 2x512MB DDR2-533, 160GB 2.5" HD, XBMC Live 10.1, 20W/30W (Idle/Max)
Media Server: 2x2GB DDR2-800, 6x2TB WD20EARS, FreeNAS 8.0.1-RC1
Yep if Boxxee gets some XBMC loving I'm in!

Might even retire my Xbox! LOL!
Geeba Wrote:Come On Avner!! XBMC could really save the day here!

Huh

They did - they donated two to the team. They were put into a prize draw during the DevCon. From memory theuni and elupus won them.

Not sure if they have been sent out yet though, nor any promises they will work on porting xbmc on them.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hacking the Boxee Box to run XBMC?1