Mysterious Error
So for the last year Kodi's been chugging along nicely.  Not many errors at all, just the way I like it.

Haven't changed a thing but I open it up tonight to get TVMAZE errors and this error which really tells me next to nothing at all;

"Version Check Error
Check the log for more information"

Which is bloody useless because the Event log shows nothing just an open box icon in the middle of the screen.  I'd post pics of this all but I guess that's not permitted in the forum.

Is anyone else getting this?  Is there any solution to this?  I'm using v18 of Kodi because the last time I tried version 19, it crashed all the time and caused so many headaches.

Hoping someone has an idea that can help...

Silvercloak
(2021-05-03, 04:48)Silvercloak Wrote: Event log
Its not the Event Log. It is the Debug Log. Post it at Kodi Paste Site, provide the link and @Roman_V_M  will check what the issue is. A new version was releasad yesterday, maybe an oversight with the update.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks. Give this a try, hopefully I did this right. If not I'll have to do another try tomorrow. Wife's taken over the media center for the rest of the night I'm afraid...

log text

Silvercloak
This is not a debug log and I don't see anything related to TVmaze scraper in it. Version Check is a completely different addon that has nothing to do with TVmaze or scraping.
@Silvercloak

You need to enable debug mode as shown in the guide Debug Log. Also need to capture the problem, so after you enable debug mode, restart Kodi and try to update the TV Maze addon.

Also you need to remove those Banned Add-ons (wiki) for support here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-05-03, 08:20)Karellen Wrote: @Silvercloak

You need to enable debug mode as shown in the guide Debug Log. Also need to capture the problem, so after you enable debug mode, restart Kodi and try to update the TV Maze addon.

Also you need to remove those Banned Add-ons (wiki) for support here.
Ok sorry about that.  I've removed any suspicious add-ons I could find.  Hopefully I Found them all.  Turned on Debug and ran Kodi until the errors started being thrown.  Hopefully this one is more helpful.

New Log Here

Silvercloak
You've missed three:

Code:
2021-05-03 06:46:13.051 T:4396  NOTICE: ADDON: script.exodusredux.artwork v1.0.2 installed
2021-05-03 06:46:13.051 T:4396  NOTICE: ADDON: script.exodusredux.metadata v1.0.2 installed
2021-05-03 06:46:13.051 T:4396  NOTICE: ADDON: script.module.exodusredux v2.0.5 installed

Those are probably orphans which would need to be removed manually. With Kodi closed, open Windows Explorer (or your file manager of choice) and then go to C:\Users\Penne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons and delete the three sub-folders corresponding to the scripts.

Basically anything shown in orange in the addons section of the log is a banned addon (wiki). When they get uninstalled, some scripts like the ones above can get left behind and are still running on your system quietly in the background, doing who knows what. Yet another reason why we love these 3rd party junk so much...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-05-03, 17:22)DarrenHill Wrote: You've missed three:
Code:
2021-05-03 06:46:13.051 T:4396 NOTICE: ADDON: script.exodusredux.artwork v1.0.2 installed
2021-05-03 06:46:13.051 T:4396 NOTICE: ADDON: script.exodusredux.metadata v1.0.2 installed
2021-05-03 06:46:13.051 T:4396 NOTICE: ADDON: script.module.exodusredux v2.0.5 installed

Those are probably orphans which would need to be removed manually. With Kodi closed, open Windows Explorer (or your file manager of choice) and then go to C:\Users\Penne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons and delete the three sub-folders corresponding to the scripts.

Basically anything shown in orange in the addons section of the log is a banned addon (wiki). When they get uninstalled, some scripts like the ones above can get left behind and are still running on your system quietly in the background, doing who knows what. Yet another reason why we love these 3rd party junk so much...
What a nuisance, I think the only reason I had those things on there was to get the local news broadcasts.  But ever since they've moved their own streaming online I haven't even touched it since.  Good riddance now, I think I got em all.  Hopefully this will work.  I switched from TVMAZE to TheTVDB but I'm still getting the version error when I start up. Tongue

Yet Another Log

Silvercloak
Your Kodi version is seriously outdated. You need to use at least Kodi 18.9.
(2021-05-03, 19:42)Roman_V_M Wrote: Your Kodi version is seriously outdated. You need to use at least Kodi 18.9.

I really don't like updating my Kodi because every time I do I have to spend lots of time playing whack a mole with issues.  If I have to, I guess I'll do it on a weekend when I have time to deal with the fall out that comes with updating.

Silvercloak
Could I suggest a portable mode (wiki) install in parallel with your existing one?

That way you could trial things out without risking your existing setup, and if you clone the config from the current one into the portable one then you have a test bed that you could experiment with whilst keeping your current setup untouched as a backup.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-05-03, 19:54)DarrenHill Wrote: Could I suggest a portable mode (wiki) install in parallel with your existing one?

That way you could trial things out without risking your existing setup, and if you clone the config from the current one into the portable one then you have a test bed that you could experiment with whilst keeping your current setup untouched as a backup.
Oh!  That's a nice idea!  I'll look into it after work.  Thanks Darren!

Silvercloak
(2021-05-03, 19:54)DarrenHill Wrote: Could I suggest a portable mode (wiki) install in parallel with your existing one?

PS.  Thanks again, I trialed a portable copy last night which went off without a hitch on version 19.0  After running it all night and finding it to be very stable I've upgraded my rig to use it now.  thank you SO much for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mysterious Error0