• 12(current)
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper
salival Wrote:One thing that works sometimes when the scraper doesn't find the right series is to go to the series folder in file mode and query the info manually. If there hasn't been any info on that series it will look for it.

Thanks I'll give that a try. I tried scanning Lupin III second tv series again and it failed. I used the renamer on anidb to rename the files which worked great though it still failed. There are 155 in the series and it's even listed as one season on TVDB. So I'm not sure what the problem is Huh

Though short series (40 episodes or less) works perfectly!
For series that fail using this scraper you could use the anime news network (ann) scraper. If it weren't for the few things I don't like about that scraper (mainly the naming convention of ann and the low quality of the default thumbs) I would be using that one.

I also tried to scan a dummy folder with SD gundam MK III naming and some dummy files in it and it failed as well. The scraper doesn't seem to fail with an error. It just loops the TVDB part.
I have the ANN enabled maybe I'll give that one a try. Sucks the Anidb scraper doesn't look like it'll ever be updated/fixed :/

Btw it doesn't give me an error either it too just loops for me Shocked
for some reason I can't get the anidb scrapper to work... I'm testing it with a few video files with a folder structure like this

Anime --> Bleach --> Bleach - Episode 302.avi

and

Anime --> Otome Yokai Zakuro --> Otome Yokai Zakuro - 01.mkv

however when I try and get XBMC to scan for the new file it will scan for about a second before finding nothing other then the folder for Bleach

Using XBMC 10 Dharma on Linux Mint 10 32bit

debug log --> http://pastebin.com/te2wPTDW
kamistukai Wrote:for some reason I can't get the anidb scrapper to work... I'm testing it with a few video files with a folder structure like this

Anime --> Bleach --> Bleach - Episode 302.avi

and

Anime --> Otome Yokai Zakuro --> Otome Yokai Zakuro - 01.mkv

however when I try and get XBMC to scan for the new file it will scan for about a second before finding nothing other then the folder for Bleach

Using XBMC 10 Dharma on Linux Mint 10 32bit

debug log --> http://pastebin.com/te2wPTDW

never mind solved the problem with an advancedsettings.xml file
LupinSansei Wrote:Thanks for the reply!

I looked in the configuration and only setting I see for posters is Enable fanart/poster. Once I uncheck that it greys out banners and another TVDB option. Hmm any other ideas?

Did you ever figure this out?
I removed the auto grey out in settings.xml, but it did not change anything in the end...

I switched from ANN to AniDB because with ANN I cannot get all images, but with AniDB I don't get banners :"(
Is there some way to incorporate this scraper into Ember Media Manager?
CrashnBrn Wrote:Is there some way to incorporate this scraper into Ember Media Manager?

I think you'll have more luck asking here
salival Wrote:I think you'll have more luck asking here

Will do, the dev's for Ember are currently on hiatus. I wish there was some kind of a media manger that you can import these scrapers into.

Thanks.
Where do i get the latest version of this anidb scraper addon ?

I found it in the sourceforge repository, but not sure if this is the latest:

http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitw...;h=c65549d

It seems that the anidb scraper add-on is not in the official git repository yet.
But found it with google on the sourceforge repository.

Is it planned to add it to the official repository ?

Then we can install it simply by using the "add-ons" command :-)
geearf Wrote:Did you ever figure this out?
I removed the auto grey out in settings.xml, but it did not change anything in the end...

I switched from ANN to AniDB because with ANN I cannot get all images, but with AniDB I don't get banners :"(

Hello there! Sorry for the late reply. Nah I haven't figured this one out yet. I wish the anime plugin from Media Portal could get ported to XBMC somehow. But don't think it'll ever happen. The scrapper hardly ever picsk up any of my anime unless I manually rename them.
I am having an issue with the anidb scraper as well, but only with one particular folder/series. It will seemingly never end to scan it, and eventually xbmc will crash. Trying to stop it from scanning at that point will result in xbmc hanging. The folder in question is named "Vampire Knight Guilty". I tried renaming it once to "Vampire Knight 2", but didn't help. I may try to empty it's contents once to see if it will matter or not.

Using latest Mac osx version of xbmc and the scraper is installed using the built-in addon system in xbmc.
I'm wondering if some regex or other could be at fault, I've had other stuff run in a loop as well now after experimenting a lot. The anime news network scraper seems to work nicely, but I prefer the naming of the anidb one, as well as getting more images it looks like.
I believe I have discovered the reason for the problem. Anime often have multiple entries with different names on AniDB. The name of the folder containing the series can confuse the scraper, and it gets stuck in a loop if does not find the correct anime based on the folder name. It started doing the endless loop search on "To-Love-Ru", but renaming the folder to "To-Love-Ru Trouble" and voila, it works.

The contents of the folder does not seem to matter at all, it's only the name of the folder that's important. I'm not sure I would be able to update the scraper code to fix this, but if someone could, that would be nice. :-)
There may be more than meets the eye to this problem, because with one/some series I simply can't find the folder name that avoids the infinite loop.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper3