• 21(current)
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper
Star 
I am getting an error message "Unable to connect to remote server Would you like to continue scanning?" I have tried resetting defaults on the add-on and it does work sometimes for a min but then this message will be displayed. Anyone else having this issue? Started 8/29/11
It might be that you have a temporary ban on anidb because of their flood protection policies. Most of the time these bans only last a few minutes.

To check if you're banned from Anidb try the this link on the machine where XBMC is installed or, if you're behind a router, from any PC in your network. If you get XML data you're not banned, if you get "banned" you're band for a few minutes.

Another possible cause could be an older version of the scraper. A while ago Anidb made some changes which caused this message. Make sure you have the newest version installed.

These messages mainly occur when scanning a lot of files at once. In that case you just will have to wait and try a little later. Most last between 15 minutes and an hour.
Star 
I did update to 1.3.1 when it was released.

When I click on the link it shows the xml file so I do not think that I am banned.

I am trying to add a folder with hundreds of anime series. But even after it fails I can still view the xml file so I dont think its a ban but who knows.

Thank you for the link.
Post your debug log (How-To), without it it's almost impossible to say what's happening on your system.
For some reason this is
nt finding individual episode information for me =/ for instance I have a few bleach episodes in the format

Bleach - 305.mkv

but it doesn't find it... it will download fanart and stuff

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/xHtU5VwA
Code:
09:53:20 T:139829966788352 M:3067281408   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match /home/carl/videos/anime/bleach/bleach - 305.mkv (s3e5) [[\\/\._ -]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ -][^\\/]*)$]

XBMC regognized that file as season 3 episode 5 which is wrong. All animes on AniDB.net has only one season. This problem has nothing to do with scraper, check your tvshow regexp in advancedsettings.xml.
bambi73 Wrote:
Code:
09:53:20 T:139829966788352 M:3067281408   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match /home/carl/videos/anime/bleach/bleach - 305.mkv (s3e5) [[\\/\._ -]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ -][^\\/]*)$]

XBMC regognized that file as season 3 episode 5 which is wrong. All animes on AniDB.net has only one season. This problem has nothing to do with scraper, check your tvshow regexp in advancedsettings.xml.

ah I seem to remember something about that from last time... how would I go about creating that file for anidb? sorry if that's a dense question :o

*EDIT*

this worked fine =]

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>anime[\\/].*[/\._ \-]([0-9]+)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

many thanksBig Grin
so anidb has problems with scraping single video files? like bleach 203 for example?

so where do i add this that supposedly fixes that

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>anime[\\/].*[/\._ \-]([0-9]+)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

btw after scraping a few of my anime like about 150 or so anime folders but after about a little while already i get a reconnect to server notice

and no matter how many times i accept it it still comes back in a matter of seconds is this a normal thing? -.-'

did the link check it shows my html -.-'

this is ridiculous ...help!?

btw never asked but does it support hentai too?

and if not would someone consider making an anime and hentai scraper?

damn this is 2011 afterall -.-'
The single episode issue is tough to work around, the only thing that seems to shut it up is to add S01E01 to the filename.

And yes, you can scrape Hentai using the Anidb scraper.

Regarding the server problems you are probably just hitting a bandwidth / request limit on the AniDB server... not much you can do about it, I gaurantee if you post about it on AniDB's forums you'll just get abused and flamed.
good to hear hentai too xD

and get flamed and abused ? -.-'

damn , must be a known issue then xD

and thanks about the single episode issue solution kinda stupid thou having to rename every single episodes -.-', peace

p.s: never asked but would yall like to share youre pro settings for the anidb addon?

dont know the best settings for it ,

and would anybody have a pro tip how to sort his anime episodes?

or is there an automated sorter program that renames youre animes correctly for you?including hentai? peace
anybody there ? hellooo!!! -.-'
hentai23 Wrote:anybody there ? hellooo!!! -.-'

I am not aware of any auto renaming program. They would not help much b.c the name styles will very from file to file. What you are going to want is the ability to rename files in batch using this: http://sites.google.com/site/lammersoft/...ntext-menu
thanks but its already too late i renamed them all by hand the folders only of course renaming files is just insane !!! there is NO program out there that will do it better than by manually editing them to the correct titles ....sadly took me fn hours !!! -.-'

where still very far from true automated media center experiences ...sadly -.-'

and still no fudgin reply about yalls anidb settings .....hellooHuh wtf? -.-' is this thread already dead? wheres the anime love?
They left with the 10bit support lol jk

But right now we are mostly crying about 10bit support for the next xbmc version.

I will try to post up my settings when I get a chance.
Hey Guys,

is there a possibility that the scraper add on every show the genre "Anime"? I dont need the other genre catogries like "seinen", "superpower", etc. i only need "Anime"

with kind regards
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper3