• 26(current)
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper
How do you guys get this working? If it picks up one of my series it'll add duplicates of the same episode. Sometimes it won't even pickup any series Sad
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
LupinSansei Wrote:How do you guys get this working? If it picks up one of my series it'll add duplicates of the same episode. Sometimes it won't even pickup any series Sad

It sounds like XBMC is not picking up your episodes correctly. How are your files named? Are you using custom regex?
Try turn on debug logging, update your library and see what errors happen.

As for series not being picked up, I seem to remember I had to rename a couple to the name on Anidb to get them picked up.
salival Wrote:For those intrested, here is the code I use for the anidb java client in anidb.net. (in the client, go to options > use tagging system > edit tagging system)

Code:
Trunc(str, len):=$repl(%str%, ".{" $len($repl(%str%, "(.?){" %len% "}$", "")) "}$", "")
TruncEllipse(str, len):= { $len(%str%) = $len($Trunc(%str%, %len%)) ? %str% : $Trunc(%str%, %len%) "…" }

AT:=[%ATr%,%ATe%]                                              #anime title (romanji or english)
ET:=[%ETe%,%ETr%]                                              #episode title (english or romanji)
ET:=$TruncEllipse(%ET%,"64")                                   #truncate long titles
GT:="[" [%GTs%,%GTl%] "]"                                      #group tag (short or long)

EpNoPad:=$pad(%EpNo%,$max($len(%EpHiNo%),$len(%EpCount%)),"0") #episode number padding
EpNoPad:="ep"%EpNoPad%                                         #add "ep" in front
EpNoPad:=$repl(%EpNoPad%,'ep[sS]',"S00E0")                     #rename specials from "epS" to "S00E"

Src:="["%Source%"]"                                            #set [source] e.g. [Blu-ray]
Ver:={%Ver%="1"?"":"v"%Ver%}                                   #set version if appliccable
Res:="["%FVideoRes%"]"                                         #set resolution e.g. [1280x720]

MEpNo:={%ET%="Complete Movie"?%EpNoPad% %Ver%:%EpNoPad% %Ver%" - "%ET%} #Only show title when not "Complete Movie"

Movie := %AT%" "%MEpNo%" "%Res%%Src%%GT%                       #for movies set to "animetitle ep01 [resolution][source][group]
Other := %AT%" "%EpNoPad% %Ver% " - "%ET%" "%Res%%Src% %GT%    #all else set to "animetitle ep## - episode title [resolution][source][group]

FileName:= {%Type% = "Movie"? %Movie% : %Other%}               #check if the file is a movie or not and rename appropiately

With the following regexp in your advancedsettings.xml I get most anime, including specials and movies. For movies you will not get fanart (because the tvdb doesn't have fanart for movies).
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <tvshowmatching action="prepend">
        <regexp>ep([0-9]+)</regexp>
    </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Also, to improve the chance of this scraper to get the right anime, name your folder exactly as the anime is named on anidb. You can also use one of the names in the titles field of the animedescription.

Thank you so much for this it worked excellent for renaming my anime, however scraping with xbmc only worked on maybe 60 percent of my anime. If I am somehow able to add a season number in front of the ep number it'd help out alot.
I do not know java/code/etc but is there another command line I could add to the tagging script you gave that would add season number as well?

Or even better, would you happen to know why some of the shows are not scraping? I added the code you mentioned to the advanced settings xml as well.....

Should the structure be
Anime/<name of show>/file

or

Anime/<name of show>/<season x>/file

??

Thanks
I'm new to xbmc and i think it's awesome.
I'm on day 5 setting up my tv shows and movies.
I have movies and tv shows set up almost perfectly but they're so simple to fix.
Problem is anime!
Everything i try fails miserably.
I don't know what to name them to get it to work.
I've tried same as season (S0xexx)
I've tried copying pasting name from anidb
I've got one to partially work by changing to 1x01 - 1x180.
Others seem to just randomly grab what they feel like.

Also have naruto boxset rip each volume is has 3 disks file extension .ISO/.MDS but don't know what to name it to to get it picked up by scraper.
deviousx Wrote:I'm new to xbmc and i think it's awesome.
Also have naruto boxset rip each volume is has 3 disks file extension .ISO/.MDS but don't know what to name it to to get it picked up by scraper.

I'm having the same issue with 6 DVDrips containing 6 LoveHina episodes each, in normal DVD-folder format. Neither gets picked up by the scraper.

Also, the scraper isn't able to pick up series that have characters not printable in filenames, case in point: Fate/Zero, which after renaming is called Anime/FateZero/FateZero - 01.mkv etc.
Since no entry exists in anidb for "FateZero", the lookup fails. Any way to get this to work?

On a different note, someone really needs to put an introduction to get this scraper to work in a wiki, almost everyone posting here has the exact same problem.
WYSIWYR - What you sow is what you reap
hi,

@Bambi, i guess Smile

In xbmc_video database, the table "tvshow" contains a column "c12"
In "c12" column contains the thetvdb-ID.
When you export mediatheque into .nfo file, this thetvdb-ID is between <id></id> balise.

Without this information in database, you can use extrafanart/artwork downloader addons.

Do you think is-it possible with anidb scrapper to get and put thetvdb-id in xbmc_video database ?

by the way, thx for this wonderwull scrapper
(with appropriate advancedsettings, it matches 100% of my media (100+ anime))
Garandor Wrote:Also, the scraper isn't able to pick up series that have characters not printable in filenames, case in point: Fate/Zero, which after renaming is called Anime/FateZero/FateZero - 01.mkv etc.
Since no entry exists in anidb for "FateZero", the lookup fails. Any way to get this to work?

On a different note, someone really needs to put an introduction to get this scraper to work in a wiki, almost everyone posting here has the exact same problem.

Quick fix: try renaming it to Fate-Zero, it works for my Fate/Stay Night series.

Agreed on the wiki. Anyone with the know how to write one? I can share a little of my experiences (which is not a lot ^^').
I dug through many pages of this thread and actually found that this regex seems to pick up everything in my anime arsenal except for multi-part anime episodes. For instance, Naruto Shippuuden 135-136 gets picked up as episode 136 only.

All the files follow the pattern below and are recognized without problems except for multi-part episodes, e.g.: [Taka]_Naruto_Shippuuden_135-136.mp4

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>anime[\\/].*[/\._ \-]([0-9]+)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
hi,

look at :
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...atching.3E
and
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51614
=>
http://pastebin.com/UPPrk7VU

from wiki :
<regexp>[/\._ \-]()([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?</regexp>
gates Wrote:hi,

@Bambi, i guess Smile

Do you think is-it possible with anidb scrapper to get and put thetvdb-id in xbmc_video database ? With this information in database, you can use extrafanart/artwork downloader addons.

I second this, it'd make getting artwork much easier. Is the anidb id in the <id></id> tags used by the way? Is it ok to put the tvdb id there instead?
From my experience (over 100 anime), <id></id> tags was often empty.
Somtimes, it was the anidb.net ID.

Fanart.tv use the same ID than thetvdb, so it will be smart to put this ID instead.

regards
Question 
hi, this is my first time here in the forum. for quite some time now, i have been searching the net,for help on how to scrape anime with the anidb.net scraper, and havent found a clue.
my xbmc, when i set content and pick the anidb scraper, doesnt even recognize the shows, so basically it doesnt scrape them, a message appears in the top saying "compressing database".
my point being, i would really appreciate some help, on how to scrape from anidb,im really lost, i am a total newb to this, so can someone plz give me a full guide on how to get anime scraped from anidb?

Thx for your time and help :d
hi wentzelfcp,

Read my post (#384 - in this same page Smile )
You'll find all what you need in wiki

hi thankx for the fast reply. but i dont know anything about regexp, or programming, i dont even know where to start,so can you give me a little push, tip?
That's weird though, because even if you don't have any custom regex, xbmc should still pick up the tv shows (just not episodes). I tried with an empty folder and it detected the show.

First things first, how are your files named and organized? Each show should have its own folder. Eg, mine are like this:
Code:
Anime TV (root folder)
      -- Baccano! (folder)
            --Baccano 01.mkv (file)
             --Baccono 02.mkv

-- Blood+ (folder)
            --Blood+ 01.mkv (file)

etc. "Anime TV" is then added as a TV source in XBMC.

Once you get the shows detected, you either need to rename all your files (eek!), or follow the custom regex method outlined by Gates. It's not that hard, you just need to follow the instructions. You don't need to understand how regex works, just copy and paste Tongue

• 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper3