Diference between Plex and XBMC
Is there any diference between Plex and XBMC. I am using plex on my mini but I red that XBMC is more stabile on leopard.
My 0.02$...

I used Plex for a while as I wanted the tight iTunes/iPhoto integration. However I wanted the nicest skins and found Plex was missing all the latest XBMC skinning improvements.

So that was the main reason I switched. Plex has a lot of nice plugins etc etc and seems to be focussing more on that.

I've not gone back..... I wouldn't say it's more stable (but then I'm running latest SVN builds to get the latest features/fixes).

Justin
I think the only imrpovement in Plex is that it has way better plugin handling than XBMC. By better i mean a lot easier, and more user friendly.

Other than that i don't see any other significant improvements. I only used it for watching TV-shows, though. Could be improvements in other areas.
Do they handle 5.1 audio the same way? I can't get 5.1 audio out of xmbc on a ppc quad 2.5ghz G5.

Steve
speters415 Wrote:Do they handle 5.1 audio the same way? I can't get 5.1 audio out of XBMC on a ppc quad 2.5ghz G5.

Steve

Plex does not run on PPC.
Plex for PPC is here:

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...nofficial/
4yr old thread?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Diference between Plex and XBMC0