Music Screensaver
Question 
I've been reading the forum for what seems like ages but have not found anything on the following. If I missed something please let me know.

I'm trying to figure out if XBMC can have an audio screensaver. What I'm looking for is a My Pictures screensaver that plays random music from a pre-selected folder.

If nothing like this exists I am interested in learning how to write programs anyway so it might be a good first project.
I'm not sure about "random" music while your picture slideshow is running... maybe this could be done using a party mode playlist?

Otherwise you could just jump into your music library (while in XBMC of course Tongue), fire up a song, then go back to your Pictures (again, in XBMC), start your slidewhow and you'll be watching your pictures while listening to music Smile
I'm a lazy bastard and want the software to do all the work for me.
If the screensaver can turn on the slideshow could it also start a playlist at the same time? Maybe thru advanced settings? I've been trying to find the screensaver section, I'm looking for a XML file, maybe that's wrong.
So far the simplest thing I've come up for this is to program the Party mode function to the green button using eventghost, and setting the screensaver to slideshow for when there is music playing. Works like a charm.

Would it be possible to make the Party mode a screensaver option?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Screensaver0