• 6(current)
XBMC CrystalHD branch on a USB stick
cck197 Wrote:To update, ssh into your Apple TV and run this command:
Code:
cd /; wget -O - http://s150912529.onlinehome.us/quack/xbmc_r25946.tar.gz | sudo tar zxvf -

i think your suggested command is truncated .. Oo

G75
cck197 Wrote:I actually did another build last night if anyone is interested, it seems like video start up much faster now. I'm amazed I can build random revisions and it be this stable!

To update, ssh into your Apple TV and run this command:

Code:
cd /; wget -O - http://s150912529.onlinehome.us/quack/xbmc_r25946.tar.gz | sudo tar zxvf -

I could only get the command to work when preceding it with another sudo so I could get the password typed in. is this supposed to be done this way?
nerpissad Wrote:I could only get the command to work when preceding it with another sudo so I could get the password typed in. is this supposed to be done this way?

Sorry, yes I tried to make it a fancy one liner. This will also do:

Code:
cd /
wget http://s150912529.onlinehome.us/quack/xbmc_r25946.tar.gz
sudo tar zxvf xbmc_r25946.tar.gz && rm -f xbmc_r25946.tar.gz
cck197 Wrote:I actually did another build last night if anyone is interested, it seems like video start up much faster now. I'm amazed I can build random revisions and it be this stable!

To update, ssh into your Apple TV and run this command:

Code:

cck197 - Thanks for the updated version.

Davilla - You must be quick fixing some issues that were reported with some 1080p files. I had a couple 1080p files that wouldn't play with the previous version and now play fine with r25946. Thanks.
could we setup an install on the internal hdd and use wget to update it ?
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here.. been following the progress on this from a dark corner for a while.. thought I'd step into the light!

My HD card arrived from ebay today so I decided to give it a whirl, its works great! I am new to XBMC, but so far, its doing everything I had hoped for and more and with the addition of the HD card, I have 720p too!

I used USB image tool on my Win 7 machine to create my 4gb USB disk, thanks to help from "cj43" earlier in the thread I managed to get my TV to display correctly (720p component) everything seems to work, including the remote. When playing 720p MKV files from my NAS it stutters for about 10secs then works perfectly. I read earlier that that is to be expected for now.

Thanks again all!
The USB disk wont boot on my laptop, can't check it on the apple tv yet but I'm assuming it'd need to be able to boot anywhere?
The md5sum also didn't check out the same as in the first post, but I downloaded it twice on 2 different machines. Both resulted in the same (different then first post) md5sum of 675d80d61df494a06d87a55a15fd997c
maartenst Wrote:The USB disk wont boot on my laptop, can't check it on the apple tv yet but I'm assuming it'd need to be able to boot anywhere?
The md5sum also didn't check out the same as in the first post, but I downloaded it twice on 2 different machines. Both resulted in the same (different then first post) md5sum of 675d80d61df494a06d87a55a15fd997c

No, it will only boot under the AppleTV, boot.efi is special and different from the normal OSX boot.efi.

If you are getting different md5sum from the download, you have a network problem.
Hi Guys, been following this for ages. Got everything installed but interested to know theme everyone is running along side everything thats going on. I am running Alaska and its crashing out when browsing the movie library in poster mode. Any thoughts or ideas? Really loving the work thats gone on here.
badappleuk Wrote:Hi Guys, been following this for ages. Got everything installed but interested to know theme everyone is running along side everything thats going on. I am running Alaska and its crashing out when browsing the movie library in poster mode. Any thoughts or ideas? Really loving the work thats gone on here.

I'm running Confluence, I think it was the default.

Post /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log on pastebin.com
g00s3m4n Wrote:When playing 720p MKV files from my NAS it stutters for about 10secs then works perfectly. I read earlier that that is to be expected for now.

If you grab the latest revision you might find that goes away.

I'm also finding that my cheapo wireless ethernet bridge is not quite fast enough to keep up with some of the bigger Bluray rips, you can check that by copying the file over into /media/pata (the Media partition of your internal drive).
cck197 Wrote:I'm running Confluence, I think it was the default.

Post /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log on pastebin.com

This it it Nerd : http://pastebin.com/m638e5ca

Is it the studio flags which are killing it
davilla Wrote:No, it will only boot under the AppleTV, boot.efi is special and different from the normal OSX boot.efi.

If you are getting different md5sum from the download, you have a network problem.

Dumb me, I was md5'ing the unpacked image file instead of the bz2 file..the checksums were ok.

Booting the Apple tv with the stick doesn't work though. I used usb image tool in device mode, and I tried Ubuntu's image write file (from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Instal...omImgFiles).

It should just be a matter of plugging the usb stick in the usb slot, and turning on the Apple TV right?Stare

BTW, I have a Kingston 8gigs datatraveler G2. As I'm writing a raw image to it, I don't think resizing or formatting is needed?
maartenst Wrote:It should just be a matter of plugging the usb stick in the usb slot, and turning on the Apple TV right?Stare

BTW, I have a Kingston 8gigs datatraveler G2. As I'm writing a raw image to it, I don't think resizing or formatting is needed?

Insert the USB stick, press and hold menu+minus on the remote until it reboots.

When you insert the card into your PC you should see two partitions, one called Recovery and another called Linux.
cck197 Wrote:Insert the USB stick, press and hold menu+minus on the remote until it reboots.

When you insert the card into your PC you should see two partitions, one called Recovery and another called Linux.

Rebooting with the remote works, but after some changes of resolution it ends up in the rescue mode of Apple tv.
The card does not show 2 partitions in windows, is that what it should show or are you talking about a Linux pc?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC CrystalHD branch on a USB stick4