What is responsable of the video upconconversion?
I am trying to us XBMC in my home theater but I am curious what is responsible for the image upconversion, XBMC or the video card in my mac? The reason I ask is that in my home theater I have an external video processor, the Iscan VP50. So I have an sdi modified dvd player so that I can get the pure 480i signal from the dvd player to my VP50, the picture is a lot sharper this way that it is letting the Denon 3910 do the up conversion. I currently have my mac hooked up the my front projector via hdmi and I am not happy with the way dvd's look, they are very soft. I have my computer set up to 1920x1080. I would like to be able to output a 480i signal from the computer into the VP50, but if I am using XBMC I don't think this is possible. All of this got me thinking about what in the computer is actually responsible for the upconversion and how can I improve that if I can get a 480i or 480p signal out of the computer?

Thanks,
Steve
speters415 Wrote:I am trying to us XBMC in my home theater but I am curious what is responsible for the image upconversion, XBMC or the video card in my mac? The reason I ask is that in my home theater I have an external video processor, the Iscan VP50. So I have an sdi modified dvd player so that I can get the pure 480i signal from the dvd player to my VP50, the picture is a lot sharper this way that it is letting the Denon 3910 do the up conversion. I currently have my mac hooked up the my front projector via hdmi and I am not happy with the way dvd's look, they are very soft. I have my computer set up to 1920x1080. I would like to be able to output a 480i signal from the computer into the VP50, but if I am using XBMC I don't think this is possible. All of this got me thinking about what in the computer is actually responsible for the upconversion and how can I improve that if I can get a 480i or 480p signal out of the computer?

Thanks,
Steve

Set your computer to 480i/p and then your fancy box will do the upscale. XBMC will pickup and use the computer's setting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is responsable of the video upconconversion?0