restoring removed CD source
I am using a 9.11 beta 1 on Ubuntu 9.10. I did a dumb thing; while in the music section I removed my cd/dvd drive as a source and I have been unable to restore it. Everything I have tried to add comes up as an invalid path. The cd is "/dev/sr0" I believe. Following some advice in a thread I tried adding:

"/dev/sr0/media/cdrom0 udf.iso9660 user,auto,exc,utf8 0 0"

I also tried "noauto" in the above

I also tried removing and reinstalling XBMC without success.

Can anyone tell me how to get back my CD as a source?
Make sure you've got the udev package installed and running, 'sudo apt-get install udev'. Then reboot.

The device /dev/cdrom should point to the CD-ROM device automatically after that.
Thanks for your input i installed udev per instructions and edited my source in XBMC but I still get an invalid path message.
I think it is time for a reinstall.
pashdown Wrote:I think it is time for a reinstall.

I agree, I tried a reinstall and ended up with exactly the same configuration and problem that I started with. I noticed during the install that synaptic didn't download packages but just found them on my computer and reinstalled them. I then tried marking the installed packages for complete removal and then I reinstalled them. This time synaptic downloaded the packages from the repositories, but I still have the same issue - There must be some configuration file(s) left behind when XBMC is removed; I don't know what they are or where they are hiding.

Any ideas?
As incredibly stupid as this may sound... add a source, manually set path to d:\, it'll tell you it can't find it, say add anyway. Hooray for hardcoded xbox cruft!
althekiller Wrote:As incredibly stupid as this may sound... add a source, manually set path to d:\, it'll tell you it can't find it, say add anyway. Hooray for hardcoded xbox cruft!

Holy Crap! It worked! (It actually changed to d:/ when I hit "enter") Who would have thought I'd be back using dos in linux in 2009.

Thankyou, Thankyou, kind sir.

Howesound

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
restoring removed CD source0