Hard drives not mounting (Live RC1)
I just installed XBMC Live RC1. When I plug my USB hard drive(s) in, XBMC doesn't recognize or mount them like it did in Beta 2. Anyone else having similar problems, and is there a way to fix this?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64452

Top of page 2...
I removed the nodiskmount flag from /boot/grub/menu.lst, but my drives still aren't being mounted..
And you're shure you removed the correct one. Not the one in top in the comments. It should be the "nodiskmount" flag almost at the bottom

/PerM...
MrStarhouse Wrote:And you're shure you removed the correct one. Not the one in top in the comments. It should be the "nodiskmount" flag almost at the bottom

/PerM...

Yes.
Screw this. I'm going back to beta 2. Hopefully the XBMC team gets their crap together by the time 9.11 final is released.
edwinmcdunlap Wrote:Screw this. I'm going back to beta 2. Hopefully the XBMC team gets their crap together by the time 9.11 final is released.

No one is forcing you to use unstable builds. And yes, we got our crap together...
Adding the line to the advancedsettings.xml is what worked for me.

<advancedsettings>
<handlemounting>true</handlemounting>
</advancedsettings>
edwinmcdunlap Wrote:Screw this. I'm going back to beta 2. Hopefully the XBMC team gets their crap together by the time 9.11 final is released.

Wrong kind of attitude to publicly advertise dude. Don't shit where you eat.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hard drives not mounting (Live RC1)0