If I'm using XBMC Live, how do I have it save the settings or scanned content?
Question 
Hey all, if I am using XBMC Live off the USB stick, technically since it's set to be a RAMdisk or whatever, any changes, scanned content, saved files etc keep getting wiped out with every reboot.

How do I make the filesystem read-write or whatever so I don't lose everything every single time I boot?

Thanks!
Just an idea, maybe you can do an install to ANOTHER USB stick so it acts like a hard drive and instead of thinking it shouldn't write to itself, maybe it will do it.

I have no idea as to what I'm talking about though. Just seems like it should work.
rchapoteau Wrote:Just an idea, maybe you can do an install to ANOTHER USB stick so it acts like a hard drive and instead of thinking it shouldn't write to itself, maybe it will do it.

I have no idea as to what I'm talking about though. Just seems like it should work.

This strategy does work well, and is exactly how I tested out the XBMC Live / linux setup on my new Asrock 330. I had installed XBMC for windows on Win7 and was having some issues, but didnt' want to start completely over. I plugged in a 4gig USB stick, booted from the LiveCD and chose "install to local drive" in the boot menu. I then made sure I chose the USB drive when doing the partition stuff, and everything worked great. Once you're installed, remove the LiveCD and setup your computer to boot from the USB drive.

Worked great
Hey locust, jst as boykster mentioned this is how we have done it and it works well.

Here is a posting I put up if you go that route
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63438

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If I'm using XBMC Live, how do I have it save the settings or scanned content?0