Acer Revo 3610 and Wireless
Hey Everyone, i loved the combination of the Acer Revo and XBMC Live that i want to install it on other TVs in my house now. Smile
Unfortunately, the next TV i wanted to hook it up to has no ethernet close to it. That leaves me with wireless as the only option. The Revo 3610 says it has 802.11 b/g/n, and i have a N router so i think that would be the only option for streaming HD content. Unfortunately, i've read some things about it not supporting full N speeds (draft spec only). My question is, has anyone set this up yet?
Does the newest version of XBMC Live have the necessary drivers to use the built in wireless?
If so, has anyone tried it? how has playback been?
I'm not exactly a Ubuntu expert so i'm hoping there's simply an installable version that can get me more or less up and running but i can install packages and such if necessary. Not sure i want to pick up the machine if the hardware isn't fully supported. Thoughts?
My First Post after lurking for several weeks now-

I am having wireless issues with the 3610. I have XBMC set up on Karmic. Works fine ONLY b/c I have an N dongle from Belkin also plugged in since the built in wireless only connects at G speeds. The dongle conflicts with the built in wireless so I have to manually disconnect the built in connection every time I boot up - kind of a pain and lowers the WAF value (wife acceptance factor). I have tried to blacklist the built in wireless driver with no joy.

There are a number of other posts around the net on this g/n issue (I have done a TON of research on this) that all seem to point to router setting issues. I am trying a number of router fixes tonight to see if that helps.

Thanks to Team-XBMC for an excellent product.
Did you get anywhere with the wireless N after?

I have just received my 3610 Revo and I can only get wireless G working, even under eth device drivers it only says upto G, I'm assuming the device is different to what the spec actually says. Would love to get wireless N up and running without having to buy more gear, like you say the WAF factor will take a serious hit if I have to spend more money to get it to do what I bought it for in the first place.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 3610 and Wireless0