Any documentation on how to play DVDs?
rodercot Wrote:What versions are you guys running and what is your install procedure. I only run /branches/camelot SVN or /trunk/svn.

I usually compile three or more times a week. DVD playback is always up and down only another reason why I have a mythbuntu so I can use mythvideo to play back a dvd when xbmc will not, but myth is sketchy at best.

Anyhow, I am at 26157 with the SVN version of XBMC and it will not playback DVD's currentlly, it will load the main DVD window and that's all if I choose a selection from the DVD menu like play the movie or try to change the language track it just hangs or freezes there I have waited up to 2 minutes at one point but no change. I can hit stop and reload the movie and sometimes if I reboot it will play, but in the last few updates that does not work either.

In the 26115 version of /branches/Camelot final svn everything seems to work fine playback is quick and with no freezing and i have tried this version with several dvd's that have given me problems with other versions and they play fine. So I have chose to stick with that version for the time being.
I keep two directory's on my system XBMC and XBMC1. I compile the latest trunk in the XBMC dir and the latest final version svn in the XBMC1 dir this allows me to test a couple versions on and off.

I use rapier modded skin and the play disc is under the power sysmbol at the top of the screen, took me a bit too find this. I do have play disk automagically turned on and that function works, you can also do an eject/load from the toolbar at the bottom and under the general selection.

Regards,

Dave

I am using version 9.11 R26018 .... Can you play original retail DVD or just the burn DVD one with your system?
Hello,

Yes, with the camelot final svn in the branches directory, I know AL explained this but for some reason my revision is coming up as XBMC 9.11 R26071.

But I can play most retail dvd's. I have been watching family guy witch I picked up on boxing day and it plays fine in this revision and there are a lot of menu's per episode.

In my last checkout of the trunk/svn I could not get past the opening menu without it freezing at the menu, but in XBMC's defense Mythbuntu could not play it either.

I should also point out that I have this version installed on both mythbuntu 8.10 2.6.27-16 kernel and nvidia 195.22 pkg drivers and as well on my Ion-330 with mythbuntu 9.10 2.6.31-16 kernel. with nvidia 190-glx drivers and yes it took a while to compile camelot on my Ion.

Regards,

Dave
Is this bug afflicting Windows users too? Because I can't play DVDs either. I added the drive as a source, and I can load/eject the disc from the context menu, but XBMC tells me to insert a disc and won't recognize the DVD in the drive.

Other apps see the DVD OK so it isn't an OS problem.

This is on 26307. Aeon and PMIII skins both behave the same.

(Where is the autoplay dvd preference hiding? I have looked in the settings a half dozen times and can't find it.)
Thanks for the info rodercot.

@ iron chef;
If i recall correctly its under Settings>Video
Weird, I just don't see it there. I see other DVD-related options like the one to force the region, but nothing about auto-play.
iron chef Wrote:Weird, I just don't see it there. I see other DVD-related options like the one to force the region, but nothing about auto-play.

That is weird, it should be the first option "Play DVDs automatically" then Force region,,,,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any documentation on how to play DVDs?0