Can I remove the "IMDB" ratings from lists in library mode
Hi folks - noob question and hopefully not already asked/answered (tried a search but may have the wrong "words" for things).

Really liking the skin and it's gaining acceptance with the family.

We don't need the ratings on the list (or media info style) views for movies when in library mode (happy to have them in the details) - is there a way to suppress them (or do I need to mod the xml - happy to do that if someone can give me a "start here" pointer to file/section).

Basically - fed up with explaining to everyone what "the funny numbers" are - and the movies are already in my collection so kind of past the point where the mass ratings affect my decision to watch a movie.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the work to date.
ViewsVideoLibrary.xml or thereabout. info label is listitem.mpaa or listitem.rating, not sure which rating you are on about.
Its actually probably listitem.label2 because showing the rating is the default xbmc thing for Label2 unless you start changing sort order
I'd like to be able to change the rating to the year when im in list mode but I cannot figure out how.
drivesoslow Wrote:I'd like to be able to change the rating to the year when im in list mode but I cannot figure out how.

same here. id much prefer to have films sorted by NAME, then display the year of the film next to it rather than the IMDB rating. it doesnt seem possible tho.
Jezz_X Wrote:Its actually probably listitem.label2 because showing the rating is the default xbmc thing for Label2 unless you start changing sort order

Could anyone write what you exactly have to edit/remove to get rid of IMDB ratings in the libraries? Just searching for listitem.label2 in the file didn't give me much ideas.
Bump - i also want to know how to remove the moviedb ratings or replace them with the year - anyone??
Snap - another noob doesn't like the imdb ratings.

How do I go about removing it?

Many thanks for all help.
I finally got round to looking at ViewsVideoLibrary.xml - i use media info 2 & it was pretty simple to get it to show year instead of rating - just replace Label2 with Year on lines 806 & 865 (806 is unhighlighted, 865 is highlighted)

*Edit* If the skin is updated these line numbers can change, but just look for Label2 near the 2 lines i have mentioned and it still edits fine.
priesh, that's perfect, thanks! For anyone that needs to find the lines, use Notepad++, it's free and awesome.
Just to add if you use an external scraper like ember you can choose to leave fields out when scraping like rating etc then if you change skin you don't need to edit the xml's again

BTW the skinning wiki is pretty good way to start understanding how skins are put together
Just out of curiosity, since the ratings are something that bug me too, is there a way to enable displaying years ONLY in movies but not in TV shows, or vice versa?

I really like the look of the years in Movies but then in TV Shows it looks a bit silly next to every episode.
I would like to replace the rating with the year on the Apple TV 2, but this method doesn't seem to work... I am replacing Label2 by Year on the file /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ViewsVideoLibrary.xml on lines 807 and 866.
I resolved this issue and I'm going to post what I found out. Most of you already know this (and some of the info is on the wiki), but I'll leave it here for someone that doesn't know anything about xbmc and just wants to hide the ratings.
First of all, this is not a very elegant solution. If you use an external program to control the details of your media (ex: ember), you can easily achieve this by removing the ratings from the .nfo. If you want to keep the info but hide the ratings on the right side, then some hacking is required.

The ViewsVideoLibrary.xml and ViewsFileMode.xml control details about your library views. The first file is related to all views that include plot descriptions and other details (such as Mediainfo). The other file is related to simpler views (such as list). The item that shows the rating is Label2 so you're looking for something like:

[HTML]
<control type="label">
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</label>.
</control>
[/HTML]

In my case, I use the Media Info view, so I must edit the ViewsVideoLibrary.xml and search for the beggining of the block that identifies this view which is around line 1323:

[HTML]<include name="MediaListView2">[/HTML]

Inside this block there are two places where Label2 is referred. These correspond to highlighted/not highlighted items and are around lines 1370 and 1431. I want to hide them both so I add:

[HTML]
<control type="label">
<visible>no</visible>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</label>.
</control>[/HTML]

If you use other view you must make these changes inside its block. To change it to the year, just replace Label2 with year. You may also want to add a fall back to "Not available":
[HTML]<label fallback="416">$INFO[listitem.Year]</label>[/HTML]

For more info about skins, check the wiki Smile
Hi - I tried to do this but the file is a system file and read only?
Any help you can offer pls?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I remove the "IMDB" ratings from lists in library mode0