XBMC Live RC1: Install to Disk doesn't work properly.
Thumbs Down 
Hey all, well I burned the XBMC Live RC1 ISO image, and upon booting it, chose the "Install to DISK" option. So it installs to the USB stick, or SD card, or partition on my HDD as usual and there are no problems there.

Until you actually try booting it.

Once GRUB loads, it just contains the Ubuntu 2.6.11-generic entry or whatever. No NVIDIA GPU choice, no ATI GPU choice, nothing. Just ubuntu itself.

Once you select Ubuntu, and it boots, it just brings you to a regular command prompt. No X server loads, no XBMC loads, nothing. No NVIDIA drivers installed if you attempt a "startx".. It's just a total disaster.

I've tried installing to both USB Stick and a hard drive, it makes no difference.

Can a developer please address this because it's broken as far as I can tell on 2 different computers now.

And the TV SCRAPING still doesn't work either! It's only scraping certain episodes in a full season for some reason.

Why does this stuff work for Boxee so easily yet XBMC has struggled to make it work right for the last like 20 releases now? Getting pretty annoying

thanks
I just built a new htpc and installed the rc1 live cd to a hard disk - No GPU choice was given but it boots and loads fine.
VDPAU didn't work, I installed nvidia 190.53 drivers and...then it did.
I don't think a developer will address this as you didn't specify enough info (i.e. specific hardware you are using, debugs for you scraping...) as there has to be some specifics to your situation since others have gotten things working.
Quote:Why does this stuff work for Boxee so easily yet XBMC has struggled to make it work right for the last like 20 releases now? Getting pretty annoying

You understand alpha, beta, RC? If not look it up.

Please use the stable version.
automount and vdpau are both fixed in svn and will be working in the next ISO.
No problem on my side too, you should try to disable non necessary component on the mother board bios ( extra sata, usb, audio, .... ) / remove extra cards and try to reinstall another time.

Your setup was working fine with Beta 2 ?
You should fire a Dev a day till it's working to your satisfaction.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live RC1: Install to Disk doesn't work properly.0