Mac Mini Resolution Problem
Hey guys, this is probably more of a mac problem then a xbmc problem, but I thought someone here might be able to help. Im running xbmc on a mac mini with snow leopard. If im watching tv and then switch to the mac input it loses the 1080p resolution and goes to 720p (the mac not xbmc). It doesn't happen all the time, but it is pretty frequent and annoying. Is there a way to set the resolution to be fixed on 1080p? Thanks in advance
Weird - never had that problem at all - the mac is on the whole time but changes resolution?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ya its on the whole time, it goes to sleep, and when I wake it up the resolution is on 720p instead of 1080p.
smush420 Wrote:ya its on the whole time, it goes to sleep, and when I wake it up the resolution is on 720p instead of 1080p.

How are you connecting it to the TV and what type and model of TV are you using?

I'd look up both on the web to see if there are any known connection issues for them.

The other solution you may want to try (but it's IS RISKY if you don't know what you are doing, you have been warned) an application called "SwitchResX": http://www.madrau.com/news/history/history.php
- Blackstar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini Resolution Problem0