Mixed content folders (TV Shows + Movies)
Say I have the following folders/files:

Stargate
++ Stargate SG-1
++++ Season 01
++++++ Stargate SG-1 - 01x01. Children of the Gods (1).mkv
++++ Stargate - Continuum (2008).mkv
++ Stargate (1994).mkv

Is there a way for XBMC to categorize that properly or should I separate movies from TV shows?

The reason for me to have this wacky structure is so I can more easily keep track of stuff when I'm not using something like XBMC, and so I can easily share stuff with friends.

Thanks!
I've always went by that you shouldn't double scrap a folder. I don't know if they've fixed the problems related to this but I would suggest against it.

As long as it isn't an issue of storage (With TBs being so cheap) I would say go ahead and make a separate folder for the stuff you need scraped for movies that are with shows. It might end up taking another 2-50 gigs (Depending on how many) but it would allow you to keep your file storage system.
Well, storage is always an issue, even with a new 1.5 TB drive joining the array ;-)

I was thinking of using symbolic links (if they get picked up by XBMC, or hard links otherwise) to keep stuff separated, but it would be a nightmare to manage...
Use an nfo file next to that mkv should do the trick, or put it in a separate folder under the Stargate folder, setting content on that one to movies.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the tip about the nfo file. I went ahead and created a script to manage the symlinks, and that along with nfo files when required is working wonders!

I'm glad I purchased an HTPC instead of going for a NMT, you guys rock.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mixed content folders (TV Shows + Movies)0