Svn 26016 no avi playback crash to desktop
Hey All,

Updated my SVN this morning and there were a ton of DVD/av codecs updated; I had no time to test this morning. Tried to view a Tv show this evening and it is crashing to the desktop on every AVI (MP3 2-CH audio or 5.1 DD audio)file I have.

SVN UP'd to 26016 in the last hour and still the same problem. DVD (Video TS seem to play fine)

reverted to NVIDIA 190.42 from 195.22 to test and still same issues.

Asus p5n7a-vm
mythbuntu 8.10
latest kernel. 2.27-16 I think.

http://pastebin.ca/1725493

Thanks,

Dave
Here is the crashlog. It may show a different avi file. This test was earlier than the log.

http://pastebin.ca/1725513

Sorry.

Thanks,

Dave
FFmpeg is picking the vpdau mpeg4 decoder even though your HW doesn't have featureset C. You might try to clear ccache, distclean and rebuild. I witnessed the same thing after the ffmpeg sync, but it seems to have cleared up.
Hi all,

I've been having a problem the past week or 2 playing standard definition videos. I can play 720p and 1080p mkv videos fine, but when I select a SD XVID video, xbmc crashes.

XBMC version: SVN rev 26016

debug log: http://pastebin.com/m323115bf

console log: http://pastebin.com/m34b33ae8

let me know if you need any more info... thanks!
I'm currently at revision 26027 and having what seems to be the same issue. I can only verify that it seems to affect XviD encoded videos (possibly all MPEG-4?).

I have some some videos encoded using h264 that play back fine whether the extension is .avi, .mt2s, .mkv, or .mov.

MPEG-2 seems to be ok too, as .iso's i have are playing back without any problems.

I currently compile xbmc with debugging off, but i do have a crash log. Want me to enable debugging and get you more info?
Just as an update, XviD playback is working fine for me with 9.11 rc1 installed from the PPA.
Thanks Al,

I have tried that so far with a distclean and no luck I had the same issues. I am trying it now with a make reallyclean build. I had to do a make reallyclean between A2 and RC1.

I have my ext ffmpeg lib disabled in my configure line. should it be?

Thanks,

Dave
BffEasyTarget Wrote:Just as an update, XviD playback is working fine for me with 9.11 rc1 installed from the PPA.

It should Be fine in the PPA (that is stable release) SVN since this morning seems to be the issue for me but I am having the same problem.

http://forum.xbmc.org/newreply.php?do=ne...1&p=464694

Regards,

Dave
Make reallyclean did not help either. I am going to go and get the rev before the ffmpeg sync and try that - Ugghh - everytime I try and do a revert I pooch my build directory somehow - Big Grin

Dave
Yep, this has been broken for a couple of days now, it's not just you.
rodalpho Wrote:Yep, this has been broken for a couple of days now, it's not just you.

Hey All,

I have done some playing around and went back and tested 25797, 25813, 25846 (what I am currently using) and then 25892 is when ffmpeg was updated and this is when the issue started. I am only posting this as the TRAC ticket states SVN rev 26068 I think. vdpau.c and vdpau.h had not been changed before 25892 since svn rev's in the 11 series, if those are even the problem files.

I am sure the devs are aware but I thought i would mention it.

Thanks,

Dave
btw, ccache -C and distcleaning didn't solve the problem, still crashing to desktop if vdpau is enabled
rodercot Wrote:Hey All,

I have done some playing around and went back and tested 25797, 25813, 25846 (what I am currently using) and then 25892 is when ffmpeg was updated and this is when the issue started. I am only posting this as the TRAC ticket states SVN rev 26068 I think. vdpau.c and vdpau.h had not been changed before 25892 since svn rev's in the 11 series, if those are even the problem files.

I am sure the devs are aware but I thought i would mention it.

Thanks,

Dave

If you say the issue started with 25846, then you must be wrong.
I have 25996 running, and all my XVID TV Shows play perfectly fine. No problems at all.

boba
boba23 Wrote:If you say the issue started with 25846, then you must be wrong.
I have 25996 running, and all my XVID TV Shows play perfectly fine. No problems at all.

boba

No It started when ffmpeg was updated in rev 25892. 25846 works well except for DVD playback. On my machine it is 25892 where the issue starts, I have to go to christmas dinner but I have my 9.10 Myth test machine up and running I will test 25892 on it when I come home tonight.

not everyone must be having the problem OR there would be many more posts on the issue. If you have VDPAU enabled then it is an issue if you are running the ppa svn then it's fine as well as I understand.

I have one directory with 25892 compiled as soon as I install it to test, I get the crash to desktop with AVI file. revert to 25846 and they all play fine. I mention these two revs as the changes in them have to do with ffmpeg and or vdpau. That is why I tested those specific one.

Regards,

Dave
I have the exact same issue. I am running the final Camelot release. If I ran VDPAU (or auto detect), then h.264 encoded video runs great, but everything else causes xmbc to crash. When running with the software encoder, everything runs great. Obviously I would like to run with vdpau.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Svn 26016 no avi playback crash to desktop0