Svn 26016 no avi playback crash to desktop
The patch from mplayer doesn't fix the runtime error, it fixes a compile time one. We'd recommend everyone use 9.11 final until this is sorted (read give us a frickin' break, we just plopped out a release and it's the holidays Wink)
that's ok, i'll stick with manually changing the renderer from vdpau to software for now...
btw, again, have a nice holiday to the whole team :p
Thanks for the update Al. I am just playing around with my test machine, I rolled back to the previous version I was using on my main machine.

I just read through the tickets and there are at least 4 trac timeline tickets posted for this exact same problem. Can we read the prior postings before posting a new Trac, the devs I am sure have enough to do without chasing down the same issues over and over.

Moderators - would it possible OR a good idea to have another forum under general help and support for trac ticket discussion, I am sure that there are many that do not even know that TRAC exists. This forum would be for trac discussions only and you would need to post the actual trac # you are wanting to discuss or that you have posted. Hopefully users would look in the forum first to see if the issue had already been posted, just an idea or a thought. It may end up being a duplicate of the trac site and way too much trouble to moderate.

Just my two cents.

Regards,

Dave
Well that explains why I kept getting my crashes. Building the latest ffmpeg causes xbmc to crash when trying to view any video or when its generating thumbnails. My logs generate less output though when in debug mode. Doesn't get to the VDPAU stuff. I've just built one from svn before ffmpeg was updated. May have a tinker later.
it is fixed in 26140, as far as i could try it Smile
Just thought I would add this issue seems to be present in the 9.11 Final release, going back to RC1 solves the issue.
Deanjo Wrote:Just thought I would add this issue seems to be present in the 9.11 Final release, going back to RC1 solves the issue.

Camelot release should be fine. You're sure you installed the final?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Camelot 9.11 from /branches works just fine for me including DVD playback with great menu control. this issue seems to be fixed in trunk 26157 as of last night but dvd playback seems to be broken right now.

Dave
vdrfan Wrote:Camelot release should be fine. You're sure you installed the final?

Yes, compiled from source from the tar.gz

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/fil...z/download

This was installed on a clean system (actually 2 clean systems), fresh os, clean hd.
Avi playback is still fine for me. Compiled camelot from source, checkout 9.11_Camelot tag from SVN. Revision 26018. No problems at all here.

boba
The changes that cause the problem never hit the camelot branch, only trunk.

The issue should be fixed as of r26136 of trunk. All praise Lord Elupus.
<bow_down/>
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hail to the king!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry deleted...didn't realize my previous post was moved to another thread
Negative. Using 26171 on Arch as well...no problems anymore with my beloved TNG episodes in mpeg4 (xvid).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Svn 26016 no avi playback crash to desktop0