XboxMediaCenter 1.1.0 announcement!
xboxmediacenter 1.1.0 announcement!

xbmc 1.1.0 final point release source code has now been set in our cvs! once again we felt that we had been holding off doing any official release candidates for so long that we now consider the current xbmc cvs to be as stable as a point release should and could be, so we decided that we were ready to go final without a release candidate process. yes, there are still a few known bugs but none serious enough to stop you from fully using and enjoying xbmc. all xbmc users (and xbmp users if there still are any?) are highly encouraged to upgrade to this stable xbox media center 1.1.0 point release which is now officially the only supported version. for those of you who are new to xbmc (and/or xbmp) please understand and respect that team-xbmc do not release nor distribute xbox executables (xdk binaries) at all, so please do not ask us where to find/download a compiled versions of xbmc (which you do require to run xbmc on your xbox). please read through our faq and the online-manual carefully before posting/asking anything in our official xbmc community-forums. know that the official cvs feature/skin freeze has now been lifted, meaning our team-devs are again allowed to add new features/functions to the xbmc cvs, and independent programmers can too (link). we would also love if people would go ahead with updating/translating the 1.1.0 strings.xml to other languages and help updating our online-line (wikki) user-manual (link).

finally, we like to remind you all that the xbmc project relies on your donations for its survival!

ps! xbmc newbies, we recommend you study xbox-scene.com's tutorials and their forums (link)

xbmc official web site: www.xboxmediacenter.com (with faq/q&a's)
download: xbmc 1.1.0 source code (of faq: what is source code?)
update! there was an error in the initial rar package, but it's been fixed now.

what other than bug-fixes and maintenance updates (link) is new in xbmc 1.1.0 (since 1.0.0):
(for a full list of everything that is supported by xbox media center 1.1.0 see the xbmc project page);

supported output media formats and devices:
- lcd-display output extended to also support xaddons lcd-mods and xecuter3 lcd*

supported input media formats and devices:
- xbmc xbmsp-client code updated to support "auto-discovery of xbmsp servers"
- itunes music shares via daap (network stream from apple itunes on mac or pc)*****

supported file/container formats:
- nullsoft steaming audio (nsa) containers
- raw audio in mov containers
- raw .ac3 and .dts, plus dts-wav audio files
- itu h.261 video
- creative labs yuv (cyuv) video
- supermac cinepak (cvid) video

supported video/audio codecs and picture formats:
- quicktime 5.0, 6.0, 6.3 video and audio codecs (qdmc / qdm2) (via qt dll's)*
- on2 technologies vp4 (vp4.0), vp5 (vp5.0), and vp6 (vp6.2) (all via on2 dll's)*
- 3ivx d4 / 3vi1 mpeg-4 video (inc. containers with mszh/zlib compressed-header)
- raw .ac3 and .dts audio files, plus dts with wav-header*
- dts (digital theater sound) 44.1khz/48khz audio in dvd-video (software decoded)*

features available for video playback:
- play nullsoft steaming video (nsv) internet files/streams (a.k.a. ntv - nullsoft tv)*
- play quicktime internet files and streams over http (hyper-text-transfer-protocol)*
- more zoom/stretch options: zoom, stretch 4x3 or 14x9 or 16x9, original size, custom
- international-language fonts for subtitles (via ttf-fonts, configurable in ui-settings)*

features available for audio playback/backup:
- audiocd-ripper, backup cdda's to hdd in wav, ogg or mp3 (lame) format*
- karaoke cdg-file support for music files (enable *.cdg via xaraoke visualization)*
- audio cue sheets (.cue) support (works with all xbmc supported audio codecs)
- reads information tags from m4a, mp4 and aac (mpeg-4 audio) audio-files*
- display embedded thumbs from info-tags in wma, m4a, mp4, aac audio-files

other and generic graphical user interface (gui) features:
- profiles for settings (configure + save different hardware-setups and/or user profiles)
- controllable via usb-(hid)-mouse (left/right/middle buttons and wheel supported)*
- virtual-keyboard for manual imdb searches and settings configurations
- volume control (by default mapped to right thumbstick up/down, edit in keymap.xml)
- international-language fonts for the gui (via ttf-fonts, configurable in ui-settings)*
- submenu control to add/remove/edit skin buttons easy (edit dialogsubmenu.xml)
- auto-temperature and fan-speed control options (settings => general => system)
- network-configuration and setup via graphical user interface (settings => network)
- emergency recovery console (enables the ftp-server if corrupt xml/media files)*

* = experimental, unfinished, unstable, buggy and/or limited
** = most xbox dvd-rom drives are very picky with cd/dvd media disks, see faq
*** = xbmc currently only have dvd vob and ifo parsing support, (no menu support)
**** = xbox's hard drive file-system has file & folder name/character limitations, see faq
***** = drm (digital rights management) protected files are not supported by xbmc

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
again we bowdown for the allmighty xbmc team!! :bowdown:

thanks gyus!! :thumbsup:
congratulations!
were not worthy! were not worthy!

thank you the whole xbmc team! :bowdown: :bowdown:

keep of rockin!
thnx for another fine release   :thumbsup:
thank you very much. i can't wait to get home and give it a try.

:thumbsup:
hi,

:kickass: yes i really love the new quicktime support in it. :kickass:

:bowdown: many thanks :bowdown:
great... looking forward to try it Smile

"multiple profiles" sounds nice for people with both tv and projector !

looking forward to v1.20 with tv guide support... :o
hmm can't download it from cvs. is it a sourceforge problem? can i update the tree from somewhere else or do i have to redownload the whole tree?
Smile 
this message is edited.
that's to say: i found my noobish problem.
i'm rocking again Wink ciao
(stcogoli @ oct. 18 2004,16:46 Wrote:hmm can't download it from cvs. is it a sourceforge problem? can i update the tree from somewhere else or do i have to redownload the whole tree?
Confused ?? with more details maybe we can tell you what the problem is
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Quote:?? with more details maybe we can tell you what the problem is

here is the error i get when trying to checkout xbmc (other modules work fine)

cvs checkout -p xbmc (in directory d:\documents\xbmc)
cvs [checkout aborted]: writing to server socket: error -1

***** cvs exited normally with code 1 *****

i just want to know if it's a problem with me or sf.

edit: ok, nevermind it works now.
:bowdown: xbmc rules :kickass:
thanks a lot for the hard work... another milestone!

champagne!!!! :joker:
!!!!up up up!!!! xbmc team :kickass:
we will we will rock you!!!

thank you for this best moments with sources Wink
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XboxMediaCenter 1.1.0 announcement!0