[LIVE] HOW-TO upgrade from XBMC Live BETA/RC1 to 9.11 (Camelot) Final
Thumbs Up 
In this guide I'll explain how to upgrade your XBMCLive HTPC to the latest version and final release, Camelot 9.11, without the need for reinstalling all over again.

The process itself is pretty simple, all you need to do is run a few commands.

1. SSH into your box, login, and run:
Code:
sudo -s

2. Run the following command to update aptitude:
Code:
aptitude update

3. Now to upgrade any out-of-date packages, run the command below and press 'Y' to continue when prompted:
Code:
aptitude upgrade

4. Once the update is complete (it may take a while depending on your connection), XBMC should restart automatically into the new version, if not, run the command below to reboot.
Code:
reboot

Your HTPC has now been updated to XBMC 9.11 Camelot.

(see, I told you it was going to be simple!)

If any complications occur, post any error messages below being as detailed as possible and I will do my best to help.

- Kieron
Will this process also work with 9.04?
joxenford Wrote:Will this process also work with 9.04?

Yes, I believe it should.
hey, im using 9.04 live and i followed your instructions. i used putty to SSH to the HTPC.

Then i rebooted it and when it says "Checking Battery" it just stops booting.

When i acces XBMC Safe mode it boots to the commandline, but it still say Ubuntu 9.04 XBMCLive tty1

so, what did i do wrong? is it still xbmc 9.04 or is that reffering to the ubuntu version#?
and why doesnt it boot completly?

edit: maybe i should mention that i first tried the aptitude script inside of xbmc's menu, and that it couldnt find new packages. also i should mention that i am a TOTAL linux n00b^^
I'm fairly certain that will only update XBMC not the base OS (which I believe should be fine).
is there a way to see wich release i'm currently running? I did a cd install of 9.11 RC1, and today i ran the update to get the final release following instructions posted in this thread. When watching the terminal i didn't see any errors. But the only thing bothering me was the last line, it said: 0 upgraded (-11). However, i saw it downloading and installing the final release with no errors. Now i'm unsure i have the final...
i updated this way: sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude upgrade
sudo reboot
I'm trying to upgrade to 9.11 but i get
Code:
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not installed
  xbmc-skin-confluence: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not installed
  xbmc-skin-pm3-hd: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not installed
  xbmc-standalone: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not installed
  xbmc-web-pm3: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

and now xbmc will not start. Please help.
glenner05 Wrote:is there a way to see wich release i'm currently running? I did a cd install of 9.11 RC1, and today i ran the update to get the final release following instructions posted in this thread. When watching the terminal i didn't see any errors. But the only thing bothering me was the last line, it said: 0 upgraded (-11). However, i saw it downloading and installing the final release with no errors. Now i'm unsure i have the final...
i updated this way: sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude upgrade
sudo reboot
When pressing the info button on your remote in xbmc in the home screen you can see the current version of xmbc. Mine now says 9.11 (where it said 9.11rc1 before). So I assume it all went ok, and I got the same message as you (0 upgraded (-11))..
However after every update I need to replace my Lircmap again, but that's no biggy.
Nik1984 Wrote:However after every update I need to replace my Lircmap again, but that's no biggy.

Are you referring to your Lircmap.xml file? Did you put it in your userdata folder?
Hey guys,
With the release of 9.11 i want to upgrade my current version of XBMC Live to the latest version. Is there an actual upgrade function in XBMC or is there some instructions for doing it without losing all my current settings? I tried to search around the forums and couldn't really find what i was looking for. What i'm hoping for is step by step instructions for upgrading. I'm currently running XBMC on an Acer Aspire Revo 3600.
Nik1984 Wrote:When pressing the info button on your remote in xbmc in the home screen you can see the current version of XBMC. Mine now says 9.11 (where it said 9.11rc1 before). So I assume it all went ok, and I got the same message as you (0 upgraded (-11))..
However after every update I need to replace my Lircmap again, but that's no biggy.

ok thanks... seems that it's updated successfully!
Thankyou, that's the first update thats work for me.

Merry Christmas
Go to console and do
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
are Camelot Final PPA's ready ?? i did a apt-get update earlier and checked my Package Manager .. was still listing XBMC as RC1
Took about 5 minutes (Including installing SSH) worked like a charm. I upgraded from Beta 1.

If anyone needs SSH here is where I found it, I downloaded the Zip.
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtat...nload.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] HOW-TO upgrade from XBMC Live BETA/RC1 to 9.11 (Camelot) Final0