Deleted Shows Still Scanning
I removed quite a few TV Shows from my library recently as I moved their location or just removed them altogether. However, when updating the library these shows still scan in even though they no longer exist anywhere on the system. For every show I removed, the log reports:

Quote: " 12:35:15 T:1304 M:3326885888 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://NETSERVE/TV Backup/TVNAME/ "

and when deleting a show from the list:

Quote: " 12:34:47 T:1628 M:3339972608 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Documents and Settings\JB\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\7\747c7090.tbn
12:34:47 T:1628 M:3339972608 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/7/747c7090.tbn
12:34:47 T:1628 M:3339972608 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Documents and Settings\JB\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart\747c7090.tbn
12:34:47 T:1628 M:3339972608 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/747c7090.tbn "

and even goes as far as to scan in the show into the library. Should I just clean the entire library and start from scratch, or is there a manual way to prevent the program from trying to scan in these nonexistent shows from a network location that I no longer use for video streaming?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Have you tried deleting the entries from the library and then rescanning?
If you mean removing them within XBMC, yes. I have removed them from the Library, rescanned, yet it still scans just the show back in since the videos within have been removed.
I would try the "clean library" feature. If that doesn't work, my only suggestion would be to delete the db and thumbs and start from scratch...
Empty show folders are shown by default. You can turn this off via advancedsettings.xml
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted Shows Still Scanning0