TV show found but not added?
Hey.
I'm new to XBMC (I used it on my old XBOX a few years ago though).
After scanning through the video files I have on my pc (Most of them are MKV), XBMC found a few TV shows (Though it missed a lot, but that's not the problem).

Problem is - It finds the shows and adds them to the catalog, but it doesn't add the files themselves. When I go through the "TV Shows" menu, I can find the entry I want (Lets say Toradora, an anime), but it says 0 episodes. How can I add the episodes? I can easily play the episodes by going to Files menu, but that's not the point, is it?

Hope my question is clear. Also, while I'm at it, how can I add TV shows that XBMC didn't identify automatically?

Thanks!
make sure you use the correct naming convention for the files, see:

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=TV_Shows...Library%29
Thanks a lot, that did the trick.
Do I need to do the same for movies (movie.s01.e01) or is there a different way to name them (I have a movie in the scanned folder but it doesn't identify it)

EDIT: For some reason some of the episodes still won't be added to the library. I have copy-pasted the name of each file and changed the number of the episodes (and season if necessary).
This only applies to some shows, for some reason.
We are not diviners, any problem report needs to be accompanied by a debug log (see my sig).
Also you might want to start out here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
13:57:53 T:6672 M:1088114688 ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode F:\BT Finished\Kyou No Go No Ni\Kyou no Go no Ni - S01E01.mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
13:57:53 T:6672 M:1088192512 ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode F:\BT Finished\Kyou No Go No Ni\Kyou no Go no Ni.s01e02.mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
13:57:53 T:6672 M:1088196608 ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode F:\BT Finished\Kyou No Go No Ni\Kyou no Go no Ni.s01e03.mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
13:57:53 T:6672 M:1088163840 ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode F:\BT Finished\Kyou No Go No Ni\Kyou no Go no Ni.s01e04.mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
13:57:53 T:6672 M:1088163840 ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode F:\BT Finished\Kyou No Go No Ni\Kyou no Go no Ni.s01e05.mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
13:57:54 T:6672 M:1087135744 NOTICE: My Videos: Scanning for video info using worker thread, operation took 00:58

I don't even know what an <episodeguide> tag or tvshow.nfo is. Again, some shows are added successfully, but some don't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show found but not added?0