XBMC 9.11 on a Aspire Revo single core Atom ?
Sad 
Dear friends,

A week ago i received my Acer Aspire Revo mini pc, that i wanted to use icw Windows 7 & XBMC. After installing both, i found out that it would not show 1080p images without stuttering. I then installed Linux, and it's starting to look like something, but i don't like Linux, because of all the hassle just to install something (e.g graphics drivers, compatible remote control). Today i read that XBMC 9.11 was released, and that it supports DirectX now, so my question is ;

If i reinstall Windows 7 with XBMC, the 9.11 version, will it still stutter, or should it be able to handle the video?

Specs ;

Atom 1.6 ghz
Nvidia ION
2 gb mem.

Thanks a bunch!
Camelot doesn't support GPU acceleration for video.
gabbott Wrote:Camelot doesn't support GPU acceleration for video.

...under windows.

Try linux or live.
So the DirectX support thing is not helpfull at all.... Sad

Oh well, then i'll just have to look and see if i can get it to work properly under Linux and just use it that way Smile
DirectX doesn't decode anything, though it does open the door to DXVA which does, and is in the pipeline.
althekiller Wrote:...under windows.

Try linux or live.

Yeah, I should have been more clear. My response was directly relating to the windows release that was mentioned.

For the OP, give XBMC live a try. I run it on 2 Revos and stream 1080p without issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.11 on a Aspire Revo single core Atom ?0