having tags that are not related to the control
andyblac Wrote:that would explain the problems i have with my settings screen, i have loads (111) of buttons all with visible's that show when a certain control focus is met. and if you add those to all the other in skin that are loaded i can imagine that they will be 300+

just to avoid confusion, i was talking about the number of visible conditions in one window, not the total across the entire skin.

but yeah, 111 may be too much...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:just to avoid confusion, i was talking about the number of visible conditions in one window, not the total across the entire skin.

but yeah, 111 may be too much...

ok, just checked my entire skin has 2089 <visible>'s ShockedShocked

edit: so unloading parts of the skin that are not needed would be good idea instead of a full a reload which cause the skin not to look good whilst it is doing it.
removing the <visible> tags from the content items didn't help.

edit: 220 just for weather window. that's not including the 90 for content.

edited for correct number
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
i can reproduce your issues.

-missing content for Scripts:

-missing movie plot in DialogVideoInfo, or sometimes xbmc crashes when bringing up this dialog.

-crash when entering Settings

-missing button/textures on shutdown menu:

however, commenting out all the visible conditions in Maps-List-Static-Content-Includes.xml does fix it on my end.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
you don't have daily and hourly views, which use grouplists. with 10 and 24 control groups respectively.
Hitcher Wrote:I didn't realise that the includes are all loaded from the start and keep in the memory, I thought they were only loaded when entering the window they're used in.

Having said that, I now try to use includes that are conditional to the skin settings so if they're not used they wont get a loaded which, I'm assuming, is better then using visible conditions as they're constantly checked when in use.

It's one big balancing act really.
by includes I mean the actual text for them of course not all the images and stuff the actual content for them is loaded on window creation but all the text is held in memory. so having conditional includes makes it load the images associated with the text that meets the condition on window load but all the code is still just sitting there

ronie Wrote:in my experience it's the number of <visible> conditions that could result in strange behavior.
back in the skin-based media flagging days, i had a <visible> condition for every studio icon (over 200 in total),
this resulted in weird things like disappearing backgrounds, missing items on the contextmenu, missing buttons in the shutdown menu...

after cutting down the list of studio icon to, let's say, a 100, all of these issues went away.
Ok well if it is indeed <visible> conditions that are causing people problems at a pure guess here it would probably be because the conditions are evaluated once every frame and if you have way to many of them then its probably not having enough time to go through the whole list of conditions before it has to start again for the next frame
In general there are no limits to anything.

If you have a weird issue, the absolute first thing to do is to reduce things to the _simplest_possible_ set of conditions that allow you to reproduce the problem. If this doesn't tell you why the problem exists, then it may be a genuine bug.

Weird issues could crop up due to you having multiple includes with the same name for instance.

I certainly am not going to even attempt to look at a skin with 300 visible conditions to try and get studio icons to show. This is a completely insane way to do things! Instead, let's work together to get a general solution so that XBMC does the work for you. It will take longer, probably _significantly_ longer. In the long term it works better for everyone.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

mine are not studio icons. it could be <visible> tags, but i really have no way to do these things without them.

also the <visible> tags are not all in one view. so the total number will be more than the current view, unless xbmc does not stop at the top level group.

if i explained myself correctly.

my includes have some control id's that are the same as other windows, but i tried changing them with no luck.

i have no idea where in the code to put breaks to test this and i've spent too much time on this thinking it was skinning. which it might be. if anyone wants to take a look. ronie reproduced it. and it was <visible> tags.

edit: jezz your response doesn't explain why it affects other windows only after you enter weather.
jmarshall Wrote:I certainly am not going to even attempt to look at a skin with 300 visible conditions to try and get studio icons to show. This is a completely insane way to do things! Instead, let's work together to get a general solution so that XBMC does the work for you. It will take longer, probably _significantly_ longer. In the long term it works better for everyone.

i have no problems with studio flags, but i do have a problem with my settings custom menu's, once i have gone into a view (say movies), would it be possible to unload the view once you leave them, so each time you enter a view (say for Movies to TVShows) it only load the code for that view not keep ALL views in memory all of the time?,

and could you split MyVideoNav.xml (library mode) into 2 (one for Movies MyMoviesNav.xml & one for TVshows MyTvNav.xml ?
Nuka1195 Wrote:edit: jezz your response doesn't explain why it affects other windows only after you enter weather.

i am taking a guess but, i bet your weather has lots different conditions ? like my settings screen & my coverflow view if those 2 are both loaded (you enter and leave) then my problems start. thats why i have asked if it possible to unload stuff when that view is not needed.
I use Dialog.Close() to shut down certain windows when entering Settings via the Shutdown menu method.
Jezz_X Wrote:Ok well if it is indeed <visible> conditions that are causing people problems at a pure guess here it would probably be because the conditions are evaluated once every frame and if you have way to many of them then its probably not having enough time to go through the whole list of conditions before it has to start again for the next frame

thanx, sounds logical indeed. but as mentioned above, it doesn't explain why having 200 visible conditions in MyVideoNav.xml doesn't effect any of the library views but will cause issues as soon as you enter the Settings window.
also since evaluating visible conditions is done in cpu (i assume) it would be likely these issues would occur on an xbox long before it would affect my quad-core cpu. yet all systems seem to be affected equally.

jmarshall Wrote:I certainly am not going to even attempt to look at a skin with 300 visible conditions to try and get studio icons to show. This is a completely insane way to do things!

guess we all start out as skinnig n00bs and learn about best practices along the way. those visible conditions for studio icons have been put to rest a long, long time ago. ;-)
There is a possibility of weird things happening if you have more than 1000 multi-info bools or labels. This is anything that takes an extra parameter (eg listitem.offset(1).* etc.) If you could test whether that is the case in your skin that would be useful.

I'll change this limit up to something a bit more reasonable, though I suspect 1000 multi-info bools/labels suggests that something can be done a little more efficient Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

1586 Window.Property() with my weather mod.

that's just the lines containing them. some of them have multiple Window.Property()

does window.property count? it's an infolabel

tell me where/what to change or a diff and i will test for you.
Jezz_X Wrote:by includes I mean the actual text for them of course not all the images and stuff the actual content for them is loaded on window creation but all the text is held in memory. so having conditional includes makes it load the images associated with the text that meets the condition on window load but all the code is still just sitting there
But that's still better than just using a non-conditional include though isn't it? Otherwise all the visible conditions in the include would be constantly checked even if the user had disabled the main function of the include.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
having tags that are not related to the control0