Rogers On Demand
Rogers has a new (to me) site called Rogers on Demand (http://www.rogersondemand.com) where Rogers subscribers can watch ROD services online. For Rogers-subscribing XBMC users this would be a great addition to the plugin library. I'm not really sure where to start when it comes to writing plugins, but if anyone wanted to start such a project I'd be willing to help as much as I can... by providing source and/or login credentials (though I'm a bit more partial to providing source since I don't know what they track in terms of trying to detect abuse..)

So far it looks pretty simple.. Login, you are likely given a cookie to maintain your session and then you can browse via various categories such as tv, movies, clips and then by genre, alpha, etc. It uses flash as the video transport -- I think this could be done relatively easily for someone with experience.

Thoughts?
bobb0 Wrote:Rogers has a new (to me) site called Rogers on Demand (http://www.rogersondemand.com) where Rogers subscribers can watch ROD services online. For Rogers-subscribing XBMC users this would be a great addition to the plugin library. I'm not really sure where to start when it comes to writing plugins, but if anyone wanted to start such a project I'd be willing to help as much as I can... by providing source and/or login credentials (though I'm a bit more partial to providing source since I don't know what they track in terms of trying to detect abuse..)

So far it looks pretty simple.. Login, you are likely given a cookie to maintain your session and then you can browse via various categories such as tv, movies, clips and then by genre, alpha, etc. It uses flash as the video transport -- I think this could be done relatively easily for someone with experience.

Thoughts?

As much as I would love to have rogers stream to my TV, I somehow think that they will do everything to prevent XBMC from working with their "service". I wish I knew how to program more than "hello world"...
True, though I am not convinced that anyone at Rogers is more or less skilled than any of the plugin developers. Besides, is it really 'wrong' if you are working within the confines of their system? Ie, you have a paid Rogers cable subscription?
any luck with the ROD plugin - they have tons of live stuff and now would be a great time to get this going - this thread is 2 years old so maybe someone has given this a shot??
Any updates on this? would be awesome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rogers On Demand0