How do you get in test mode?
I want to get in to test mode and be able to view the commands sent via the remote... how do I do this?

The guides just say, "Load up in test mode"
What guide? There's no such thing as test mode.
most probably you're talking about putting the <displayremotecodes> option in advancedsettings.xml ?

the wiki indeed mentioned this as loading up xbmc in test mode, so i changed it to avoid any future confusion.

note, this will only work on the xbox (if the option is still valid at all).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
What should I do using the Live version?
zlooo Wrote:What should I do using the Live version?

would be hard to tell without knowing what your problem is. ;-)

you can't display remote codes in xbmc, that's for sure.

in case you're trying to set up a remote that's not working out-of-the-box, you might want to check out these tools:
- mode2 (to display raw remote codes)
- irrecord (to create a custom lircd.conf file)
- irw (to test your lircd config file)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
For some reason when I program my Harmony remote to act like my VRC-1100... it doesn't interact with the receiver....
zlooo Wrote:For some reason when I program my Harmony remote to act like my VRC-1100... it doesn't interact with the receiver....

Does the Harmony work with XBMC by sending keypresses? If so you could try my ShowKey app to see what is being sent. See http://www.ratsauce.plus.com/xbmc.htm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you get in test mode?0