movie.nfo not being picked up
Question 
Hi,

I have an issue with the MyMovies scraper picking the wrong movies in particular for some non English movies that I have which I have posted for some help on this directly at MyMovies. While I am looking for a permanent fix I have read both on MyMovies and the XBMC Wiki that I should be able to place a movie.nfo file in the root folder of the movie containing a link to the movie on Imdb and this should override all scraper settings and the information be picked up from Imdb.

I have tried this but the file seem to be completly ignored and the wrong movie from MyMovies is still picked up.

Have tried this both on my XBMC 9.11 RC1 Windows and Live versions with same result.

A sample movie would be

Beck Flickan i jordkällaren (2006) ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0889575/ )

Placed in the folder structure

DVD/Beck Flickan i jordkällaren/VIDEO_TS
DVD/Beck Flickan i jordkällaren/movie.nfo (containing URL above)

Where DVD is the media source

Any suggestions on where I am going wrong or if this is a bug would be appreciated

Regards

Niclas
Have you tried to use Ember Media Manager? It is pretty accurate and should find what you're looking for. Wink
currently movie.nfo needs to be inside the VIDEO_TS folder. daniel, if you're not going to answer the question please stfu!
Moved movie.nfo into VIDEO_TS and tried to refresh the title with same result (presented with a list of movies from MyMovies where title is not to be found). i.e. dont seem to consider .nfo file

Scraper set to "Use Folder Name" and "Folder contains a single movie"

Any other suggestions ?
Noticed I am getting some errors in the log file related to this which might help

http://pastebin.com/m1561e43e
Sorry, this is not a debug log.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Apologies, not completely familiar with the process, Is this better ?

http://pastebin.com/mef76a43
<tvshowmatching append="no">

are you sure you mean that?

Update: eek thats OT it just jumped out at me. Feel free to ignore
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
movie.nfo != mymovies scraper. Do you have an mymovies.dk account and it is setup correctly? Can't spot a movie.nfo in your log.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yes I have an account and it is picking up 95% of the movies OK, so assume it is set up correctly. After reading the XBMC Wiki again, I noticed that to use the .nfo file in a VIDEO_TS folder, the file should be called VIDEO_TS.nfo rather than movie.nfo perhaps that is why you are unable to find it.

I have spent some time analyzing this log and I have now worked out that the URL in the .nfo file is not being used to access the data directly from IMDB which is what I assumed, it is simply used to match the IMDB attribute in the MyMovies Webservice API. the following section appears to be relevant which seem to query the API with the IMDB ID as parameter and this returns a <NONE> response (my account details padded out, so you can't try this im afraid).

16:58:52 T:6040 M:397914112 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (smb://*****:*****@SERVER/Videos/DVD/BECK FLICKAN I JORDKÄLLAREN/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=289
16:58:52 T:6040 M:397905920 DEBUG: Found matching URL NFO file: smb://*****:*****@SERVER/Videos/DVD/BECK FLICKAN I JORDKÄLLAREN/VIDEO_TS/movie.nfo
16:58:52 T:6040 M:397905920 DEBUG: -- nfo-scraper: mymoviesdk.xml
16:58:52 T:6040 M:397905920 DEBUG: -- nfo-url: https://api.mymovies.dk/Default.aspx?com...ocale=1033

So my conclusion is that this is entirely a MyMovies issue and I will have to wait until the MyMovies forum woken up from Christmas to see what the solution is.

Thanks for everyone's help

Niclas
nlindblo Wrote:Scraper set to "Use Folder Name" and "Folder contains a single movie"
You have contents set on the DVD folder and Folder contains a single movie"?
(Perhaps there are more movies in the DVD folder?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Nope, structure is

\\Server\Videos\DVD\MovieName1\VIDEO_TS\
\\Server\Videos\DVD\MovieName2\VIDEO_TS\

As I mentioned in previous post, I am pretty sure this is a MyMovies issue.

Thanks anyway

Niclas
Solution: See this thread

http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=post...870&#85870
Still you make no sense, you said yourself that you are using the "Folder contains a single movie" setting which in this environment would be wrong:

\\Server\Videos\DVD\MovieName1\VIDEO_TS\
\\Server\Videos\DVD\MovieName2\VIDEO_TS\

Unless you set content on each and every MovieNameN folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You are right I made the assumption that this setting refered to sub folders from the source (i.e. MovieName in my sample) containing a single movie. Looking at the Wiki again I realise that the setting refers to the source folder itself. Interestingly my scans seem to work fine with this setting ticked (now that the MyMovies issue been sorted.

Many thanks

Niclas

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie.nfo not being picked up0