XBMC Live XBox 360 Controller
Hello,

I just got my Acer Revo yesterday and after loosing 4-5 hours figuring out that Camelot live was broken I was able to install the previous version (XBMC 9.11: RC1). I think the link to xbmc live should have been replaced by a previous version. Since then, I was able to get everything to work on my USB stick, except the xbox 360 controller. From what I understand, here what I did and I was expected to work:

1 - I plug my usb XBox 360 Controller in. How wonderful, XBMC detects it perfectly. So no need to install drivers.

2. In order to work, it probably needs a config File. After doing some searches, I found some threads with already made xml files.

3. Following the doc on the wiki, I found out that there are 2 alternatives: The first one is to name it "Keymaps.xml" (with capital K) and put it in the folder "userdata". I did that and it was a big fail. Even worse, the file got deleted somehow.

The second one is to use the new system and put a xml file in the folder "usederdata/keymaps" which I conveniently named "xboxdrv.xbox360.keymap.xml". So, after rebooting, IMO it should had worked.

So, is there something I did wrong? or do we need to install some other drivers? Or do we need to tell xbmc to look for that keymap file?

TIA
I am having the same problem and I am using xbmc live. Controller gets detected without me doing anything but i cant seem to get xbmc to regonise the commands from it. Somebody plz help
I've tried numerous things, but since the live version is "special", you cannot change some of the kernel files. So, after each reboot it just reset everything to default. So, the only solution would be that the release contains what would be necessary to be able to use the 360 controller. Which I think it should (It's Xbox Media Center Wink )

So, the only thing left for me to try would be to install it on my box and follow the tutorial on the other thread. But I don't really want to do that.
I am having the same problem. I tried to follow some of the tutorials but it is painful as i have little linux knowledge. If someone could give a detailed step by step guide to get a xbox controller working in xbmc live (camelot) that would be great. Trying to get this to work is killing me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live XBox 360 Controller0