Live Camelot & ASRock ION 330 Install Report
Wink 
rodercot Wrote:Well first you need to goto your tty2 window - ctl-alt-f2 then you need to issue a sudo su command to take you to root. then make all the changes like enabling usb0 or usb2 (make sure your dongle is on usb0 if not you will need to change the USB0 to USB2 in your rc.local) edit your rc.local file at root as well. Make sure you only have one exit0 in your rc.local file. It should already have an exit0 in the file when you first edit it.

I know that in the thread that hosts this fix he mentions later in the tut to do things at root level. but issuing with the sudo su command first will save the hassle, ALSO DO NOT MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES WHILE YOU ARE AT ROOT LEVEL.

save your changes and reboot.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave
thanks für trying to help me.
I modified the file rc.local and as a root on tt2 and it does not help. After reboot the USB0 is disabled.
I have the ION Asrock 330 orginal with bluray. Until now I managed almost evertything but that sims to be to much for me.
I have absolut no idea what´s the problem.
I´m waiting for an update or an linux-genius...
does it say s3 or s4. when you cat acpi

Dave
If anyone manages a fix for the MP3 no audio problem, please post back. I believe I have the same problem, but mine is limited to MP3 sound not working when encoded in a video file. i.e. playing an MP3 player through the music section of xbmc works fine. Playing a video (i.e. from YouTube) that is encoded with MP3 audio (either mono or stereo) does not produce any audio.

Haven't found any way to fix it yet. It's not a show stopper as by and large the only videos I have with mp3 audio are either quite old or more commonly, are downloaded YouTube movie trailers. The latter is a bit more annoying and I would definitely like to find a fix. cat /proc/asound/version => 1.0.21 for me.

Thanks.

Jason
rodercot Wrote:does it say s3 or s4. when you cat acpi

Dave

It says S4 and I change that to S3 and after reboot it´s S4 and disable again. :-(
slyk2203 Wrote:It says S4 and I change that to S3 and after reboot it´s S4 and disable again. :-(

After the reboot, did you check to make sure that your rc.local file saved the changes? Sounds to me like your changes are not being saved.
myrison Wrote:If anyone manages a fix for the MP3 no audio problem, please post back. I believe I have the same problem, but mine is limited to MP3 sound not working when encoded in a video file. i.e. playing an MP3 player through the music section of xbmc works fine. Playing a video (i.e. from YouTube) that is encoded with MP3 audio (either mono or stereo) does not produce any audio.

Haven't found any way to fix it yet. It's not a show stopper as by and large the only videos I have with mp3 audio are either quite old or more commonly, are downloaded YouTube movie trailers. The latter is a bit more annoying and I would definitely like to find a fix. cat /proc/asound/version => 1.0.21 for me.

Thanks.

Jason

Ok, further testing shows that the problem is not flv specific, but mono audio specific. I've seen some results on Google regarding this problem, but haven't pin-pointed anything yet as far as solutions.

If anyone has run across this where video or audio files with mono audio do not play correctly in Linux, please let me know how you solved it.

Note that this problem exists outside of XBMC as well, (Vlc player, mplayer, etc.). (Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty)

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live Camelot & ASRock ION 330 Install Report0