• 3(current)
MCE remote green button to start XBMC - Camelot final
maybe im stupid, but cant u just use this program; http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp

to change the behavior if each button, seems easy enough and there is a free version
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
henrikyo Wrote:maybe im stupid, but cant u just use this program; http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp

possibly, but it's nice when no other software is needed. Otherwise we'd just use Eventghost.

JR
Well, I just made a reg file with all 256 possibilities to determine the 6 remaining keys on my MCE remote. The "test" registry file can be found here if anyone has other keys that they would like to map:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jnithim5ww...20Keys.reg

Anyways, the 6 buttons that have been mapped and added to my reg file are as follows:

Code:
27,00,00,00,04,03,04,\ ; Zoom - sends ctrl-shift-A
47,00,00,00,04,03,05,\ ; Music - sends ctrl-shift-B
49,00,00,00,04,03,06,\ ; Pictures - sends ctrl-shift-C
4a,00,00,00,04,03,07,\ ; Videos - sends ctrl-shift-D
50,00,00,00,04,03,08,\ ; Radio - sends ctrl-shift-E
5a,00,00,00,04,03,09   ; Teletext - sends ctrl-shift-F

Thanks for the tips. Big Grin
floepie Wrote:Thanks for the tips. Big Grin

Cool :-)

What model is your remote? Has it got a model number we could Google to find a supplier? I'll add the details to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Control_Reviews

JR
Sure, it's the Mediagate GP-IR02BK. I bet those added button numbers would apply to other MCE certified remotes as well.
floepie Wrote:Sure, it's the Mediagate GP-IR02BK. I bet those added button numbers would apply to other MCE certified remotes as well.

Thanks, that "Remote reviews" article is getting quite long now, and it's nice to see I'm not the only one editing it :-)

JR
jhsrennie, Thanks for your reg file discoveries, I have customised my MCE remote to work just the way i want it with XBMC now.

I have some MCE remotes to add to the review page!

I have a philips MCE remote, that is very rare (a UK model not shown on the philips webpage). As well as a HP (Hewlett-Packard) mce remote. How can i update the page, I will take a photo tonight and write a short explination of the functions specific to these remotes when compared to the standard Microsoft remote.
petermarshall15 Wrote:I have a philips MCE remote, that is very rare (a UK model not shown on the philips webpage). As well as a HP (Hewlett-Packard) mce remote. How can i update the page, I will take a photo tonight and write a short explination of the functions specific to these remotes when compared to the standard Microsoft remote.

You need to create a username and password on the Wiki. Just go to http://wiki.xbmc.org/ and click the "Login/Create account" link at the top right. Then just open the article and click the "Edit" tab at the top of the page. I can't remember if there are restrictions for new users. If there are, just post your review here and someone can add it for you.

I'm not sure I would document the Philips remote if it's rare. After all the idea is to help people looking to buy a remote. It would be good to have the HP remote documented as there ahve been quite a few questions about these.

I usually try to find a picture on the Internet rather than photograph the remote myself, as it's usually a better quality image. Try to keep your review in the style of the other reviews. Don't worry too much about formatting and spelling errors as I tend to keep an eye on the page and redact it.

JR
This works fine and all but there's a tiny piece of the puzzle missing for me. I want the "i (information)-button" on my MS remote to do the "i" command from the keyboard, so when i press the information-button on the remote i get the information about the movie. I just need that one row for the information button so it makes an "i"-command..

Excuse my bad english, but i hope you understand.
In remote-xbmc.reg the line is:

0f,00,00,00,04,00,06,\ ; Info - was "01,09,02" sends C (context menu)

Change this to:

0f,00,00,00,04,00,0c,\ ; Info - was "01,09,02" sends I

JR
I think there are more versions of the microsoft mce remote - mine is model 1039 and it looks like this one:

the reg files I have used earlier only added support for some of the buttons - top most ones. Would not mind being able to use the rest aswell - but how?

/needtotes
needtotest Wrote:I think there are more versions of the microsoft mce remote - mine is model 1039 and it looks like this one:

the reg files I have used earlier only added support for some of the buttons - top most ones. Would not mind being able to use the rest aswell - but how?

/needtotes

That is the same MS remote that I have. The image MCERemote-Commented.tif in mceremote.zip identifies all the buttons on the remote with their number. You can use these numbers to configure any button you want. All the info you need is included in mceremote.zip.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:That is the same MS remote that I have. The image MCERemote-Commented.tif in mceremote.zip identifies all the buttons on the remote with their number. You can use these numbers to configure any button you want. All the info you need is included in mceremote.zip.

JR

ok but it is not the same as shown in the wiki - that version lacks some of the buttons.

/neetotest
All the buttons you have in your remote are already listed in the remote-XBMC.reg file in the download.
I currently use my Harmony One (set-up as an MCE Keyboard) to control XBMC. I have great succes with this, with one notable exception - the ability to 'launch' XBMC remotely.

I have the shortcut key to XBMC.exe set to launch with a press of the F9 keyboard stroke (mapped to the 'Menu' button of the Harmony). This works intermittently and without warning stops working. A re-boot of the entire system, regains focus of the command and it works again. As I say this is completely random and has no repeatable pattern to it, nor can I reproduce the behaviour.

jhsrennie or anyone, would the installation of your reg and remap of the buttons and a change in the Harmony Remote software to use the MCE remote commands, prove any more reliable.

If not, has anyone else experienced this issue - I'm quite sure it is a 'windows' issue, but cannot find anywhere that might capture the action (such as event viewer) and give me a starting point to troubleshoot - any ideas, help? Huh

EDIT

Was searching for something totally unrelated and came across this, which I had totally forgotten about - having previously used Media Portal (in another life) I remembered being able to launch MP using the 'Green Button' - seems as if someone has been successful. See here for link to the download http://www.team-mediaportal.com/componen...nfo/id,77/ I am no developer - user only - but it seems like there might some form of source code in the rar file, which someone may be able to adapt for use or at least give a start to.

Apologies if this has been found before and rendered totally useless.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote green button to start XBMC - Camelot final1