Just ordered an Acer Revo 3610...
Big Grin 
In hopes of installing XBMC on it ofcourse. I was wondering, does anyone here have one?
How would you set up the use of the optical out with XBMC? (Main reason I went for that one instead of the 3600).
Also does installing XBMC mean I can't use windows 7? (I want to have an option to choose, is that possible?)
Also one final question. How would I navigate through XBMC with an Acer Revo? Keyboard? Any recommended remotes that work with the Acer?

Early thanks for those who reply! THANKS!
I bought a 3610 about a week ago for the same reason needed the optical...love it already best investment I have made in a while! very impressed with it.
Running windows 7 on it with xbmc and its quieter and snappier than i thought it would be.

Install the nvidia chipset ion and hd audio drivers....then i went into the nvidia control panel and turned off audio over hdmi as i dont need the sound through my tv aswell as my speakers.....a hdmi capable receiver is next on my list!
You can then see in the system tray the audio device shows as spdif set at 100% volume

Ok here goes for the optical output....i peeled off the tape that was covering the socket...plugged the optical cable into my speakers and it worked out of the box...setting in xbmc is for audio to use default audio device.

I bought an mce remote but actually it has seen very little use i was quite disappointed by it. The only thing I sometimes use it for is to put the revo to sleep or wake it up...although u can do this by moving the mouse or hitting a key on the keyboard and set the revo to sleep after like 30 mins inactivity..in which case i have no use for my remote anymore.
I am mainly using the wireless keyboard and mouse supplied. I am pretty impressed with it have been though a few wireless keyboards and for a cheap bundled one this works better than a lot I have had! Its also small and light and sits easy on an arm rest or on your lap when using.
As far as using it to navigate in xbmc just up down right left and return + backspace are the keys used...very easy and fast through the menus. I like to use the keyboard as I have set up MPC as my external player and have certain keys mapped to it.
If i was to consider anything else it may be a small keyboard with one of the trackpads on the side of it like the logitech dinovo...but happy with what I have right now.
Anyway all in all very happy and think you will be to.
SWEET! Thanks for the great reply buddy, now I have no doubts that I made the right decision. The only thing I was worried about was the Optical Out and XBMC but you cleared that all up for me. I also believe my order is supplied with a keyboard and mouse so hopefully I will be using those for XBMC. Again thanks for the great reply buddy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just ordered an Acer Revo 3610...0