No shoutcast streams
I'm running 26037 and while i have an option to add shoutcast streams as sources, all the genre folders are empty and when navigated to i cannot back out of them.

Do shoutcast sources need to be added manually? I'm used to it on xbox where I could just pick a stream from the top 500
When you are adding the source and select shoutcast, just use the root folder. You won't see any stations. Don't navigate into the folders. Just select that root folder.

After that, it will then add the source and then you will be able to navigate into the folders and see the stations.

It is only when "adding source" that you don't see stations.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ah excellent. That was irking me something fierce.

Thank you kindly.
Hi Guys,

I have been looking around to get Shoutcast working on my XBMC
(Full Ubuntu - XBMC Dec 2009)

I have installed and tested (via SVN repo) Listenlive.eu and Streamer radio...
But is there an actual app or plugin to access Shoutcast Streams (Im looking for DnB)
without having to manually add each PLS file.

It seems that you guys are talking about an actual Shoutcast APP or PLUGIN... If so where could I get this formHuh Any info appreciated...

Many Thanks
Freestyler
freestyler,

from home menu, go into music.

click on add source

click browse

select Shoutcast

you'll see a list of genres, etc. don't select any. Just click OK at bottom.

then click add, then ok.

You should then be able to browse through all the shoutcast genres and get what you're after
Thanks 'rbrohman'... I cant believe I missed that!

As per your instructions, added the sources... and now we're Streaming Shoutcast!!!

Absoulutely wicked!!! Thanks...
Freetyler!

P.S. Does this method pull down the latest list of station's when its loaded? -or- is this information stored locally and require manually updating periodically?

I 'think' and hope it would be the first option... Automatically updates daily (or whenever shoutcast lists are updated)

Thanks Again!
Freestyler!
Also, just had a thought...

It there any facility for 'Ripping' or 'Recording' Streams... from within XBMC??

(I used to use Streamripper on my XP PC to do this...)

Thanks guy's

Freestyler!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No shoutcast streams0